Tour of Sufferlandria - 6th to 14th Feb 2016

Discuss upcoming races here

Re: Tour of Sufferlandria - 6th to 14th Feb 2016

Postby Moff » 07 Jan 2016 07:52

Kevy427 wrote:
Bopomofo wrote:I don't have that video and I'm not buying any more!!

I have a collection of videos you're welcome to borrow, but I must warn you that a widescreen will be needed to view 'Following a lycra clad Tritans around The Riviera'. And a sick bucket

That, somehow, seems more pleasant than a week-long turbofest.
Bopomofo wrote:They've literally like seen him on telly, all on the news and that and then like come to see me and are all like "Here, you're into triaflon and ting, what about this nob?"
Moff

Postby Bopomofo » 31 Jan 2016 21:57

I'm out! Woohoo! Heart surgery on 8th Feb means I can't do the Tour. Yay!!

Ooh, bugger.

Good luck to all those that attempt it. I might join in for the first two days... just because I quite like ISLAGIATT and the idea of doing Revolver twice back-to-back appeals to my dark side.

After that, no idea when I'll be able to cycle again. Hopefully not long, but I'm pretty sure trying to play catch-up with the ToS peleton is NOT what my cardio surgeon would have in mind. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck, have fun, and please post daily updates: I'll be bored silly in recovery so I want to hear about every single drop of Sufferlandrian holy water... aka Sweat.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby SickBoy » 01 Feb 2016 23:40

Hope everything goes good with the surgery. I am still planning on doing the tour, well stumble through it I guess. I hate ISLAGIATT.

Globally dominating Canada
SickBoy

Postby Bopomofo » 02 Feb 2016 00:01

SickBoy wrote:Hope everything goes good with the surgery.

Cheers buddy. Heart surgery sounds (and feels to me) a bit scary but it is pretty minor stuff in terms of wounds. I'm assured I'll be on my feet the same day, home the next, back to work (although wfh and probably lying down) within a few days. Not that I'll be hurrying, natch.

SickBoy wrote:I am still planning on doing the tour, well stumble through it I guess. I hate ISLAGIATT.

I'm a bit disappointed to be missing it again, as it is definitely the BEST thing I've ever done as winter training and the best I've ever worked on the turbo. It gave me my highest mileage and best performing cycling year of my life. And I won an iPad.

Not sure if I'm disappointed enough to do it solo afterwards, although the bragging rights would be tremendous. :lol:

Good luck. Can't wait to hear how it goes. :twisted:
Bopomofo

Postby IanM » 02 Feb 2016 07:05

Bopomofo wrote:
SickBoy wrote:Hope everything goes good with the surgery.

Cheers buddy. Heart surgery sounds (and feels to me) a bit scary but it is pretty minor stuff in terms of wounds. I'm assured I'll be on my feet the same day, home the next, back to work (although wfh and probably lying down) within a few days. Not that I'll be hurrying, natch.

It's amazing how they do it these days - father in law, in his late 60s, had full on open heart surgery last year and was out of high dependency the same day, on his feet the next, and home 3 days later.

Hope it all goes smoothly Bopo, I'm sure it will.
IanM

Postby Bopomofo » 03 Feb 2016 00:47

Bopomofo wrote:Heart surgery sounds (and feels to me) a bit scary but it is pretty minor stuff...

IanM wrote:It's amazing how they do it these days - ... - Hope it all goes smoothly Bopo, I'm sure it will.

Yeah. The monkey is really rattling his cage about this, but when I get a chance to think sensibly he's easily controlled. It is ALL positive.

AND I get to enjoy watching you guys suffer. I'll try to be supportive and not just take the piss, honestly... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bopomofo

Postby Jack Hughes » 03 Feb 2016 08:33

What is the procedure?

Young (it's relative) lad at work his having a bit of investigation/ablation next week (basically a bit of trimming/scraping).

It's getting to the point where it is about as significant as going to the dentist for a tooth extraction. Probably less painful.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Bopomofo » 03 Feb 2016 12:49

Jack Hughes wrote:What is the procedure?

Young (it's relative) lad at work his having a bit of investigation/ablation next week (basically a bit of trimming/scraping).

Exactly that. Electrical map of heart, 'put in a few extra beats in a few places' (surgeon's words) to stimulate the problem. When they get it to the point where I say "Yep, that's it" the surgeon ablates the over-active node a little bit either using RF or by freezing. Hopefully the latter, as that gives them the option to test it out first ie chill the node a bit to see if it stops the arythmia, if yes, do it permanently.

They're pretty cool about the whole thing, which says a lot.

Jack Hughes wrote:It's getting to the point where it is about as significant as going to the dentist for a tooth extraction. Probably less painful.

Indeed. It's not a big thing, just a tiny hole in the groin. Equally, not something you'd volunteer for... ;)
Bopomofo

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 04 Feb 2016 16:17

Bopomofo wrote:It's not a big thing, just a tiny hole in the groin.

Kevy. Kevy. Paging Dr Kevy

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Sir Jibbenstein

Postby Bopomofo » 11 Feb 2016 13:56

Come on.... who's still in?

I'm sat here going slightly stir crazy. I could do with some news from our away team visiting the lava-kissed roads of Sufferlandria.
Bopomofo

Previous

Return to Events