Louis Garneau Vorttice

Got a new shiny piece of kit? Or something tried and trusted? Tell us about it.

Re: Louis Garneau Vorttice

Postby CCS » 17 Jun 2014 21:56

Like the matt black finish - shame it doesn't come in pure black though.

Still like mine - the one year on kit review is still all positive even if I have totally messed up the visor now (though can still see out sort of...) - toying with the idea of sourcing a replacement from the USA while I still can, though only grey rather than mirrored available, which just doesn't look quite as cool, but is probably less susceptible to damage.
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby jonathon.e » 18 Jun 2014 06:42

CCS wrote:Like the matt black finish - shame it doesn't come in pure black though.

Still like mine - the one year on kit review is still all positive even if I have totally messed up the visor now (though can still see out sort of...) - toying with the idea of sourcing a replacement from the USA while I still can, though only grey rather than mirrored available, which just doesn't look quite as cool, but is probably less susceptible to damage.

The damage is just more noticeable on the tinted lens, the tinted lens is like the proverbial hens teeth. You could try asking Sickboy in Canada, as Louis Garneau is a Canadian company, he might be able to find one, the other possible option, is to see if your local car window tinting firm could maybe put some tinting film over them, or if your handicraft skills are ok, then buy some tinted sheet from EBay, and do it yourself.
If LG are phasing out the Vorttice in favour of the P09, then the lens will just get harder to source. :cry:
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby SickBoy » 19 Jun 2014 22:28

That will be why I see so much LG stuff here then! Funny enough I was looking at the new one today, P-09 is it. There's a real shortage of physical stores to go look at stuff bit I found a Canadian tri website. The do the vortice visor in grey or amber for $50 CAD, plus taxes I guess. I could get one and post it if they don't do delivery to UK. Might take a while in the post though!

http://www.trigeeks.ca/store/cart.php?t ... ory_id=335

Envoyé de Montréal

Globally dominating Canada
SickBoy

Postby SickBoy » 20 Jun 2014 03:19

I will have a look around to see if I can find the mirrored one too!

Envoyé de Montréal

SickBoy

Postby CCS » 20 Jun 2014 16:58

SickBoy wrote:I will have a look around to see if I can find the mirrored one too!

Envoyé de Montréal

Ooh..... if you do find one....
Google hasn't turned up anything for me so far (and the mirrored effect does look cool) - though wondering if I should just go with grey, and that way I wouldn't be worrying about scraping off the coating when I clean it (and then I could use that anti-rain stuff, and actually see where I am going when it's raining, which it usually is at TTs...)
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby SickBoy » 24 Jun 2014 01:52

It looks like its rare here too but I haven't had a chance to look many places yet. I did read reports that the visor always go scratched when being slid up, maybe why the new version flips upward?

Fate is obviously saying new helmet time.

Envoyé de Montréal

SickBoy

Postby King Sad » 28 Jun 2014 07:13

If you spray the inside with silver paint it will give you a mirrored effect when viewed from outside ... won't be able to see out, but it will look good though :-)

Good luck with your search but even back in June 2012 the mirror was rare/unobtainable looking at the Slowtwich forum but I think you would be wise to get a grey visor. As mentioned before you could try filming it yourself or get a local film bod to do it.
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Moff » 28 Jun 2014 11:52

Jack Hughes wrote:I will come to fetch you in ... THE HELMET"

That sounds painful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bopomofo wrote:They've literally like seen him on telly, all on the news and that and then like come to see me and are all like "Here, you're into triaflon and ting, what about this nob?"
Moff

Previous

Return to Kit Reviews