Help me Marshalling an Event please

General chat and questions go here

Help me Marshalling an Event please

Postby albinolock » 15 Jan 2010 12:20

Hi all, I thought I’d give something back to the Triathlon community this year and I have agreed to help marshal an event of truly epically mad people, the Double and Triple Ironman UK race on 7th-9th July. Does anyone else fancy joining for a weekend of nutter spotting?

The basic principle is the event is looking for marshals you can commit to the whole race, this year the format is each check point will have 2 marshals who will look after the check point for the entire race. Both marshals don’t need to be present for the whole time, in fact one could be sleeping, supporting, eating etc.. as long as one marshal is present all will be ok..

I have been assigned the bike check point near the transition, apparently it’s a 2 minute walk to the HQ (easy access for the 24hr catering and warmth!!). although i will be going to help out after my CP closes on Sunday evening and I will be supporting until Monday night, the actual time my CP will be open is from about 11am Saturday until 5pm Sunday. In reality the other person who assists me could leave earlier on Sunday if needed?

Therefore would anyone like to join me supporting/marshalling the DIMUK/TIMUK event in August next year?

Scotty

BTW I think they might be giving out free places to the event in the following year if you’re thinking an Ironman isn’t long enough
How hard can it be?? and what could possibly go wrong?????
albinolock
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Return to General Discussion