Reading HM 3 April

Discuss upcoming races here

Reading HM 3 April

Postby Jimba » 25 Feb 2016 12:41

First event of the year for me. Described as a fast and flat course. Big event, 19,500 entrants although on the day will be less. Need to think about pacing strategy.
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Re: Reading HM 3 April

Postby Jack Hughes » 25 Feb 2016 13:20

Jimba wrote:Need to think about pacing strategy.

Start off slowly, then gradually peter out.

We usually have a few folk that do Reading..
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Big_Show » 25 Feb 2016 14:50

It's a good race, I really like it.

There's a couple of nice long downhills in the first half. Make the most of the free speed you get from them.

Tritans took us to a a great curry house afterwards, but I could not for the life of me tell you where it was...
Big_Show

Postby Jimba » 25 Feb 2016 15:16

Big_Show wrote: Tritans took us to a a great curry house beforehand, but I could not for the life of me tell you where it was...

FTFY
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Postby Jack Hughes » 25 Feb 2016 20:01

Jimba wrote:
Big_Show wrote: Tritans took us to a a great curry house during, but I could not for the life of me tell you where it was...

FTFY

FTFY
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby Bopomofo » 27 Feb 2016 04:08

Great race... flat, fast (if you can do that sort of thing), would've been a PB course for me based on training speeds only I went and got all St. John's on a bloke who passed out in front of me with about a mile to go (bugger it!).

I passed on entering this year as it didn't fit in with London Marathon plans. Then that didn't happen.

Umm, sorry, jet-lag... what am I trying to say? Oh yes: PB ahoy! Enjoy yourself and ffs get into the front of your pen as EVERYBODY is in the wrong place! :-D
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby md6 » 07 Mar 2016 10:26

Its a great course, although, taking the beer air station out I would've had a great time...it seems necking a half pint whilst running up hill 4 or 5 miles from the end leads to a stitch...which was annoying. I'd have caught big show otherwise. :D

I'm almost tempted to have a go again this year after my issues at the weekend, but it wouldn't fit with London really.

PS yes to the curry afterwards,
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Tritans » 08 Mar 2016 16:37

Oh, Jimba, Jimba, Jimba......... Have I got an Itinerary lined up for you.

Friday night - It's all about The Purple Turtle. Massive session lined up, decent indie band on with a great heated smoking area.
Saturday Night - The After Dark, bit iffy in here, but good for a late 'un, finished off with a mixed Special Kebab at Zorba's.
Sunday - a spot of pre loading at Spoons, followed by a bit of a jog until the Nags Head aid station where we'll have a bag of Pork Scratchings washed down with a pint or two of Mr Chubbs Lunchtime Bitter. This should see us set a 4 mile PB attempting to get to the post race Portaloos in time.

Being dehydrated it'll only take a couple more to get us smashed so we can pick a fight with any remaining Crystal Palace fans and you can spend some time reunited with your old colleagues at TVP, I have a suite reserved.

Look forward to seeing you (albeit briefly) I'll be the eclipse in Green and White.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Jack Hughes » 09 Mar 2016 00:22

Do you do training plans too?
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby Jimba » 09 Mar 2016 14:57

Tritans wrote:Oh, Jimba, Jimba, Jimba......... Have I got an Itinerary lined up for you.

Friday night - It's all about The Purple Turtle. Massive session lined up, decent indie band on with a great heated smoking area.
Saturday Night - The After Dark, bit iffy in here, but good for a late 'un, finished off with a mixed Special Kebab at Zorba's.
Sunday - a spot of pre loading at Spoons, followed by a bit of a jog until the Nags Head aid station where we'll have a bag of Pork Scratchings washed down with a pint or two of Mr Chubbs Lunchtime Bitter. This should see us set a 4 mile PB attempting to get to the post race Portaloos in time.

Being dehydrated it'll only take a couple more to get us smashed so we can pick a fight with any remaining Crystal Palace fans and you can spend some time reunited with your old colleagues at TVP, I have a suite reserved.

Look forward to seeing you (albeit briefly) I'll be the eclipse in Green and White.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Tritans, nutrition and hydration sorted in one go!
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Return to Events