Road to Redemption

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Road to Redemption

Postby Seasider71 » 18 Sep 2015 08:46

Anybody that has done IMUK can only remember Sheephouse Lane :lol: :lol: :lol:
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby andyb99 » 18 Sep 2015 11:00

Seasider71 wrote:Anybody that has done IMUK can only remember Sheephouse Lane :lol: :lol: :lol:

not any more...hunters hill is steeper and you have to go through it at 96 miles....ouch!!!

you dont forget that one quickly
andyb99
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Seasider71 » 18 Sep 2015 12:02

Is it still a split transition (Lake & School) ??

The only thing I think lets IMUK down is the split transition, as when I race I generally have no support team, so in the case of when I did IMUK many years ago, it meant having to get from the Town hall back to the school to collect my bike, then somehow make it back to my accomodation by the stadium. I was fortunate on the day that my parents managed to make it and give me a lift as I don't think my legs would have made it much further. :D :D :D
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby S11 » 18 Sep 2015 12:35

Seasider71 wrote:Is it still a split transition (Lake & School) ??

The only thing I think lets IMUK down is the split transition, as when I race I generally have no support team, so in the case of when I did IMUK many years ago, it meant having to get from the Town hall back to the school to collect my bike, then somehow make it back to my accomodation by the stadium. I was fortunate on the day that my parents managed to make it and give me a lift as I don't think my legs would have made it much further. :D :D :D

I had a great hotel very close to Pennington Flash - made the travelling so much easier. Planning to stay there again if I can.
S11

Blog: View Blog (41)

Postby Jack Hughes » 18 Sep 2015 16:22

Seasider71 wrote:Is it still a split transition (Lake & School) ??

From what I can tell, yes, in 2015. So T2 is some miles from T1.

I was thinking exactly the same about the logistics.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Tarka the Nutter » 18 Sep 2015 21:19

Good to have you back, S11.
Global Domination award winner 2012
(basically because I've lost the plot!)
Tarka the Nutter

Postby andyb99 » 19 Sep 2015 12:23

it is not at the school any more...its at the stadium where the briefing is. its much bigger and the busses run from the finish back to it and you can leave your car there....it seems to work better.
i have no problem with the split transition but i live here and know the area...i can imagine it being a pain for those who dont know.
andyb99
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby S11 » 28 Sep 2015 13:04

So been a while since I posted but basically after a week of testing and then a solid 10hr training week, plus studying and working - I'm whacked. Fort I have a deload week where I can hopefully grab some recovery.

Testing didn't go so well, perhaps the bike was ok.

Run - could hardly maintain any sort of hard effort without breaking down into some form of wheezing fit.
Bike - Was ok but went to hard early and suffered.
Swim - hmmmm. I'm thinking something wasn't right as I posted some horrific swim times. My 400s had been approx. 6mins 40. On weds, I hit 7mins 30(ish). Got in the pool and arm felt like lead. It was the same again on Sunday there, albeit the feeling last about 200m then disappeared. The bike showed a 10% drop in my FTP - which is fine as I haven't ridden properly in 12 weeks. I'll redo the tests soon, and after a decent block of training I'm sure they will show much better. Not to bothered about them as it gives a baseline to measure against.

Oh and lets not forget the Interserve Sportive that was arranged, where I was going to do the 65miles, missed my turn and ended up on the 95miles....and no I didn't do the 95miles as in the first 48miles of the event there was over 3000ft of climbing and due to a lack of fitness...well I was foocked.
S11

Postby Tritans » 29 Sep 2015 13:32

Good to see you back Steve.

Exciting news about IMUK.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby S11 » 04 Oct 2015 15:07

Tritans wrote:Good to see you back Steve.

Exciting news about IMUK.

Thanks Ade.

Done absolutely no training this week other than a swim set. Got my final exam tomorrow for my MCIArb qualification so revision has taken precedence. Hopefully if I pass this then I can progress to my FCIArb so that I can start training to be an Arbitrator. Next week is a solid training set which will be good to get back into it again.
S11

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs