SickBoy's Training Log - All killer no filler.

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: SickBoy's Training Log - All killer no filler.

Postby SickBoy » 11 Apr 2015 13:01

Globally dominating Canada
SickBoy

Postby Jack Hughes » 11 Apr 2015 16:33

Somewhere on the other side of the world, a storm rages...

Well done.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby SickBoy » 29 Apr 2015 22:39

Got over being Ill, just about. Discovered a random aquathlon at one of the Universities this Sunday so entered that. Sprint dist so 750m swim and 5km run. Biggest fear is currently lap counting on the run. Hoping to finish sub 35 mins. Did my first outside run of the year yesterday. 5km in 19:36 so that was good, treadmill incline helping I think, felt strong.

Did 750m in the pool today in 13:16 which was ok, fairly steady pace. If only I could improve my technique and get off my plateau. I was swimming 50m in about 48 secs consistently at the end of the session, not flat out but lengthening my stroke a bit. Today's main effort was focussed on staying relaxed and keeping a high stroke rate. I was slow on the turns but I think the pace was still a little off. Sub 35 should be achievable on the weekend. Weather is finally nice, planning to get riding outside soon and start working on bike times.

SickBoy

Postby CCS » 30 Apr 2015 10:31

Good luck for Sunday!
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby md6 » 30 Apr 2015 12:04

good luck
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby SickBoy » 01 May 2015 12:57

Thanks! I forgot to update my sleep situation which is: not good. Eldest was up at 11, 12, 2? Youngest up at 5 ish in a coordinated pincer movement. I feel rough. Was going to have an easy swim today but will see how I feel at lunch time. Not going to get any fitter. Yesterday's run was a little tougher. Hope I've not overdone things!

SickBoy

Postby Jack Hughes » 01 May 2015 13:03

SickBoy wrote:Thanks! I forgot to update my sleep situation which is: not good. Eldest was up at 11, 12, 2? Youngest up at 5 ish in a coordinated pincer movement. I feel rough. Was going to have an easy swim today but will see how I feel at lunch time. Not going to get any fitter. Yesterday's run was a little tougher. Hope I've not overdone things!

Rest! You are not going to get any useful training adaptations between now and Sunday. Fatigue == poor form == increased risk of injury.

Just go and stay in a nice comfy hotel on your own until Sunday :D

Or better still, send the kids to one and relax in the comfort of your own bed.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby SickBoy » 25 Sep 2015 22:58

My, it's been a while since I updated this.

Took an easy week after my race. Now using my new toy in the pool, a tempo trainer. Started off with some experimenting to find a good stroke rate. After looking on the swim smooth charts it puts me as high stroke rate for the pace per 100 I was doing. So today I tried for a lower rate. Stroke feels better and I've been doing some good, for me, times but I think it's going to take a while to get to where I want to be, a winter project really. Currently working on 65 down from 69, aiming to get swimming at 65-67 SPM for a pace of 1:35/100m or faster, roughly.

Also on my mind is strength training. This year I spent more time hill climbing, I think it helped so may move into the gym when the snow comes and start pumping iron.

Need to decide on next years targets...

SickBoy

Previous

Return to Training Logs