FROM THE TEA ROOMS OF MARS TO THE HELL HOLES OF URANUS!

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: FROM THE TEA ROOMS OF MARS TO THE HELL HOLES OF URANUS!

Postby jonathon.e » 11 Oct 2014 09:53

CCS wrote:The app we use is called Life360. It's a bit rubbish, but does let you track people etc (e.g. find that teenage daughter is lurking around the shops / fast food outlets in town / is on the train home etc)

Thank you Clare I will have a look. :D
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby jonathon.e » 11 Oct 2014 09:54

Kevy427 wrote:And for those of you who have an Edge 810 or 1000, you can connect to your iDevice/Android which will transmit various bits of data (HR, speed, location) in realtime so your respective male/female can track you

iOS 8.02.4.32 also has the 'Find my Friends' function to locate any of your fellow iDevice users. I don't have any friends though

Sent from my dungeon

Of course you have friends, you have us :oops:
jonathon.e

Postby Jack Hughes » 11 Oct 2014 10:22

jonathon.e wrote:
Of course you have friends, you have us :oops:

Yes. But do we really want SMS messages at 3:00am on a Sunday morning telling us the Kevy is still in the public car park at Little Grungington Nature Reservation?
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby jonathon.e » 19 Jun 2015 11:27

Totally lacking on the training log front, multiple reasons, but I should make an effort.
Training has been lacking due to work being a pile of sh#t at the moment. The actual work is okay, it is just the utter shitocracy, that mismanagement throws at me. New manager , he probably is a nice guy, but a chocolate fire guard is more use, but treats staff as a consumable item, rather than an asset . A prime example of the Peter Principle. Had enough a couple of weeks ago and told management to stick all the job aspects I get no recompense for. Don't think it did my career prospects much good, but since my career wasn't going places anyway, who cares.

Tried to reboot my motivation , which is lacking to injury by entering a couple of triathlons for fun .
First was the Skegness triathlon. First year it was run . Pretty local, low numbers of entries, and the course wasn't go to produce fast times. Low numbers meant that the pool lanes didn't get congested, but lack of swim fitness lead to a slow time, the bike was a two lap affair along a coast road, due to road junctions there was a compulsory foot down point at two places to make it fair for all competitors.
The run was a twisting semi cross country route around a nature reserve, soft under foot but for ever turning at junctions. So making it a slowish run course.
Top twenty finish, third in age group. Nice friendly race, not one I would take a days leave to race, but would race again if I was rostered off.

Then there was the Woodhall sprint Tri . See race reports.
Any SBR is done at a pace to reduce the level of injuries I have, the list is long , but, I put it down to old age and bodily abuse at a young age. It is just frustrating.
The two main niggles are a hip/thigh problem stopping my running at the moment, and the lower back is still causing annoyance as it locks up after 20+ miles. When it does, I can't put any power down and cycle to standstill.

Possibly my next race is an OW one in July if I am fit enough, but in the interim. I may get chance to watch the National Time Trials at Cadwell Park as the route is on one of my local bike routes.

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/event ... mpionships

The race route isn't fast , takes in the motor race circuit, which has a Mountain section in it ( the only mountain in Lincolnshire ), and an interesting descent, S bends, followed by a climb, if the competitors haven't recce'd the course they may stack it on the bend if it rains.
As with most cycling events, there are rumours of Mr Wiggins turning up. But CCS's good friend Dame Sarah should be there.
jonathon.e

Postby Worrying Will » 20 Jun 2015 08:45

Great to have a catch up on what been going on. Hope work sorts is self out
Thinks to much about it all
Worrying Will

Previous

Return to Training Logs