4up TTT H25/8

Use this to post your race reports, posts must contain references to your obligatory mid pee fart...

4up TTT H25/8

Postby Tritans » 03 Aug 2014 14:20

Although not originally the case, this was a mainly, club affair which involved Brothers Kqwerty, Ris and myself with, given what is about to follow a training mate of mine who will remain anyomous, so for arguements sake, lets call him, Jack Lewis 50 from Wokingham. Although it has to be said Brother Ris’s involvement was somewhat last minute. Like 3 o’clock the day before last minute. I think it worked out well for him involving a quick exit from an awkward domestic function.

So, first things first. We all arrived at the start line on the right day at the right time, without too many issues. A great start. In fact we were a few minutes early which gave us a chance to refine our tactics. Which basically meant Ris and Jack taking the hills, with me and Kqwerty taking the downhills, and sharing the flats. Although the overriding thought was to stay together at all costs.

We were off first. The order, Me, Jack, Kqwerty, Ris. The countdown began and we were off. I wanted to get us off to a briskish start, so started at a reasonable pace but after 2 maybe 3 mins our first issue. Brother Ris hadn’t wanted to be pushed off which resulted in him losing close on 500m before we’d realized. The next 1.02.53 was basically spent dropping Jack, me going back to get him, Ris trying his hardest to drop the rest of us and Kqwerty left in between a rock and a hard place, to try and keep up with Ris, or try and help me and Jack out.

In all I counted 5 photographers who we passed at least twice, making 10 photo opportunities. If there is one photo with all of us in, I’d be amazed.

It really was a great laugh, a respectable result, although a lot harder to organize than I’d thought, but nevertheless I can’t wait to do another. All joking aside thanks to Ris for standing in last minute (and a close on 150mile round trip) and to kqwerty who had a very solid ride.

The post race cake was spectacular and despite our trials and tribulations the main topic of conversation centered around an overheard conversation from the ladies team behind us. “ The length is alright, I could just do with it being a bit thicker”
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Re: 4up TTT H25/8

Postby Tritans » 03 Aug 2014 14:23

Penned in the finest quill from The Royal County.

Confucius
Tritans

Postby Jack Hughes » 03 Aug 2014 14:28

Well done! I think.

Ris obviously needs some TT practice. Is he tempted now?
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Tritans » 03 Aug 2014 14:30

Yes he said he enjoyed it.

We would have been a couple of mins quicker without my mate. Had I realised we could have dropped down to 3 riders and still posted a time, he would have been history :-)

Everyman for himself. As Ris says.

Confucius
Tritans

Postby IanM » 03 Aug 2014 14:35

Awesome :) We should definitely look at doing the 9up at Silverstone next year - just think of the scope for clusters!

And yes, Ris should TT, I've seen first hand how rapid he is.
IanM

Postby JoddyBear » 03 Aug 2014 14:58

Ris should do hill climbs rather than flat TT's
JoddyBear

Postby jonathon.e » 03 Aug 2014 15:13

Marvellous, absolutely marvellous, well done. :D
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby ris » 03 Aug 2014 20:24

very enjoyable, even if i was on the receiving end of more than my fair share of few 'hold on' shouts.

too eager and i probably would have burned out earlier if i'd been allowed to push on properly. great reminder of what i'm missing, though! :)

cheers tritans, qwerts and 'jack' for putting up with my shit.
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby Kevy427 » 03 Aug 2014 20:53

Well done lads. The #mmmcake looks good

One question Tritans, your left hand looks poised to slap kwertyjaffatek on his arse?
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby Tritans » 03 Aug 2014 21:19

Kevy427 wrote:
One question Tritans, your left hand looks poised to slap kwertyjaffatek on his arse?

And ?

From recollection; ris and I had coffee and walnut, 'jack' had victoria sponge and Kqwerty had bread and butter pudding and millionaires shortbread.

Confucius
Tritans

Next

Return to Race Reports