Moff Trains Again

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Moff Trains Again

Postby Moff » 26 May 2014 19:14

Here's the lowdown; I'm much fatter and slower than I want to be. When I was a fat teenager, this wasn't a problem; I didn't like it but it didn't much affect my work or leisure. Since I was 19, however, my interests have changed and my job is more physically demanding. In other words, I enjoy doing sport and engaging in physical pursuits but my fitness levels and excess weight rather hold this back. And did I mention I'm cycling 400km from London to Paris in September?

So enough of this moaning, it's time to train and talk about training.

Since my bike fit a few weeks ago, the bike has felt much more natural than before and I'm starting to enjoy cycling again. Last week I enjoyed a sunny 26 miles in 1:45 hrs giving an average speed of 14 mph, including a 10 minute phone call. Today, due to biblical rain, it was an eight-mile sprint at 16.5 mph; so it's all progress in the right direction.
Bopomofo wrote:They've literally like seen him on telly, all on the news and that and then like come to see me and are all like "Here, you're into triaflon and ting, what about this nob?"
Moff

Re: Moff Trains Again

Postby Jack Hughes » 26 May 2014 19:18

Smashing!!
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby IanM » 26 May 2014 19:29

Good stuff Moff. Let me know if you fancy a social ride (you're still relatively local, I think?).
IanM

Postby sonofsammo » 26 May 2014 19:44

Excellent news dude.
Will be watching with interest :-D
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby kfjatek » 26 May 2014 19:45

Great stuff - have fun and enjoy the journey!

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Bopomofo » 27 May 2014 15:14

Welcome back, Moff!

I assume you are coming to the Relays? I'll put you down as a team.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Moff » 27 May 2014 16:36

Just the one, Bopo?
Bopomofo wrote:They've literally like seen him on telly, all on the news and that and then like come to see me and are all like "Here, you're into triaflon and ting, what about this nob?"
Moff

The week that was

Postby Moff » 02 Jun 2014 06:28

The rain during the week has been biblical in places, meaning Monday's session was a fast 8 miles averaging 17 mph and Wednesday's session was on the turbo. Saturday, however, was dry and pleasant so I met up with a mate and did an enjoyable 40 miles in just under three hours.
Moff

Postby Moff » 15 Jun 2014 20:38

Right then, this week's summary:

20 mins rowing in a surprisingly good hotel gym

1hr30 mountain biking today. 12 miles should NOT take his long but it was a hard slog and involved 1100ft of climbing, rewarded with some bloody fantastic descent in the final two miles.
Moff

Postby Moff » 06 Jul 2014 22:42

This week has seen three good sessions IMO. I think I bruised something during Monday's epic two mile jog but it had healed enough to hit up Thursday's hour-long MTB smashfest.
It was gruelling, I climbed, a lot. It was pretty warm too and there was gravel everywhere.
Now Saturday was fun. We managed to keep to a respectable average speed whilst moving but there were a fair few map-reading stops which dragged-down our average; navigation skills needed. There was cake too, and a top speed of 61 kmph if mr garmin is to be believed.

On the subject of diet, I've kept it pretty clean this week barring Thursday's birthday excesses (cake).

I have big plans for the week ahead...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moff

Next

Return to Training Logs