Getting back at the WAT

General chat and questions go here

Getting back at the WAT

Postby malteser » 18 Jan 2010 15:23

just thought I'd share ...

So the WAT's been driving our car to work and decided it would be a good idea to let the front wheel make friends with the kerb on her way to work (admittedly it was rather icy). It apparently was a big hit, but the car was drivable so she drove it home. Cue a week where we weren't able to get the car out of the development because the small 'hill' leading to the road wasn't gritted and no car was making it up there because of snow and ice.

In the meantime (with the damaged car in our carport) the WAT's been moaning about a trip over the Easter break (a non-tri related trip in case you were wondering).

The nagging grew to a level that could not be ignored so I booked a 3 day trip to Amsterdam (not exercise conducive I know, but I'll make sure its a recovery week). The next day, with the 'hill' cleared, yours truly takes the car to the dealer and gets quoted a whopping £950 for the repair (recall WT opinion "I don't know why you're worried, there's nothing really wrong with it, its just pulling a bit to the left"). NOt even 24 hours after being strong-armed into booking the flipping holiday!!!

Enter the guilt-trip - a couple of hours in the evening of "this was unexpected, and with the holiday booked we'll just have to skimp on other stuff - I'll just have to go without new wheels for the bike for another season" (interspersed with sad face).

Took the car for a second opinion and turns out the damage has been sorted for £250. WAT was so relieved she is now over the moon that she hasn't caused me to miss out on the new bike wheels and has all but offered to drive me to Btown to sort them out ... WAT approval secured, locked and loaded!!!

Don't you just love it when things turn out ok???!!! :D :D :D :D :D

WAT's still feeling guilty - (but not guilty enough for a whole new bike I'm afraid) :lol: :lol: :lol:
malteser
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Re: Getting back at the WAT

Postby moonshine » 18 Jan 2010 15:42

WAT's still feeling guilty - (but not guilty enough for a whole new bike I'm afraid)

tell her she can have her body weight in chocolate whilst you do Antwerp that should swing it for a new bike - NO I'm the only one where that would work :D ?
As long as chocolate is involved I can do anything
moonshine
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby TRIumphant » 18 Jan 2010 16:15

malteser wrote:Don't you just love it when things turn out ok???!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed, becasue of it was me, something unexpected would come out of the woodwork and screw it all up.
June IronMan UK 70.3
July Challenge Vitoria
September IronMan Wales
TRIumphant
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby trudger » 18 Jan 2010 16:36

Nice one, my bike savings have recently disapeared.
After months of ebay selling and scrimping to get the start of a bike fund, it has now bee appropriated into a 'new boiler' fund.

Apparantly the kid need heat more than I need another new bike !!
Protecting the world from the shame of coming last.
trudger
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby S11 » 18 Jan 2010 16:56

Even the A-Team would be happy with that plan....are you a soldier of fortune?
S11

Blog: View Blog (41)

Postby Bendy Ben » 18 Jan 2010 17:12

Your a bloody hero.

I salute you Sir.
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to General Discussion