Chaos has a Greater Sense of Order

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Chaos has a Greater Sense of Order

Postby Lead Balloon » 11 Jan 2013 18:42

So after yesterday's long ride I checked my bike over this morning and realised that my rear wheel was practically flat :o No wonder I was flagging towards the end of it. I checked over the tyre and couldn't find any punctures so I've pumped it back up and I'll see what happens. I'm guessing it's been pinched when I've been pumping it up but if it stays up then all good.

The lack of stretching and the long ride has left my lower back in bits today so the evening will be spent doing some much needed stretching. If I can find my foam roller then I'll subject myself to some self inflicted agony as well.

11/1/13
Dog Walk
Bridleway
2.9mi
55m25
112/140bpm
18:59min/mi
232ft

Decided to have a brisk walk with Dexter today as my recovery from the long ride, especially with my lower back killing me. I thought it would be interesting to see how high my heart rate spiked on the walk and although it definitely climbed a fair bit while I was going uphill it wasn't as bad as I feared. Hopefully that's a sign of my fitness returning.

I won't be logging any more miles over the next week or so as the WAT and I are finally going on our honeymoon. We've already had to cancel it once and change our holiday destination this time so I fully intend to make the most of it. Off to Venice so I'll be eating my bodyweight in pizza and pasta. Bye bye hard work so far :lol:
Cuffing it, one Cluster at a time!
Haven't ridden my bike since June 2014, bugger
Lead Balloon

Postby kfjatek » 11 Jan 2013 19:10

Is it the wheel you pumped up with the CO2 cartridge?

If so, after getting home it needs deflating it and inflating again with air, the CO2 gradually runs out of the inner tube (see DC Rainmaker review).

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Lead Balloon » 11 Jan 2013 19:21

kfjatek wrote:Is it the wheel you pumped up with the CO2 cartridge?

If so, after getting home it needs deflating it and inflating again with air, the CO2 gradually runs out of the inner tube (see DC Rainmaker review).

Nah, I'm saving that for the rainy day I'm gibbering by the roadside, which is sure to be soon given my current run of luck :lol:

I'll check it when I get back from my hols and if needs be I'll give it the bucket of water treatment to find the pesky little hole
Lead Balloon

Postby Jack Hughes » 12 Jan 2013 09:14

kfjatek wrote:Is it the wheel you pumped up with the CO2 cartridge?

I think you will find the definitive source on tyre inflation here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4839
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Lead Balloon » 12 Jan 2013 12:01

I'm gonna need to read that one a couple of times methinx, very detailed :shock:

Every day's a school day :) Cheers Jack
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 16 Jan 2013 21:27

I've been in Venice for the last few days finally having a well deserved honeymoon with my beautiful wife. It was a great few days with the obligatory Gondola ride ticked off the bucket list and LOTS of pasta and pizza consumed. Good job keeping myself on a diet wasn't a New Year's Resolution.

I've still got another day or two before I'm going to be getting back into the training properly but I took Dexter out for a quick run out to stretch my legs as soon as I got back. It was interesting doing a head torch run getting dragged along by the pooch with the snow and ice on the ground. I think I'll be investing in a reflective collar so I can let him off the lead a bit more on nighttime runs in future.

16/1/13
Dog Walk
Bridleway
2.75mi
31m15
157/183bpm
11:22min/mi
234ft

I'm going to start getting in a second run without Dexter so I can concentrate on pacing without it being quite so staccato in nature. Without the interruptions this should help my fitness come on as I need to make the most of my time at home. Come February I'll be off on ship again so it'll be more difficult to string sessions together.
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 19 Jan 2013 22:14

Life's been intruding at the moment. Dex has been feeling poorly and he's not even been wanting to go out for a walk. Managed to get out for a run this evening, safety stores on as per usual. I know it's purely mental but the added weight lately has me dragging my feet. I know I just have to persevere with it and it will get easier.

On the plus side the snow covering the trails has meant that I haven't needed the head torch to go running. It's also meant the stabiliser muscles have been getting a beasting. I'll be feeling it in the morning. It was meant to be a nice easy run but with the cold I had my HR creeping up I turned it into a bit of a tempo run instead.

19/1/13
Run
Zombies Run-No Mobs
5.8mi. 6mi really but forgot to push start
52m29
9:04min/mi
174/181bpm
465ft
908cals
Lead Balloon

Postby jonathon.e » 21 Jan 2013 16:50

Great training log, love the Dexter walks, goes to show that walking the dog is training.

A few of the more senior members may recall a forumite ( none paid up club member, who occasionally writes in the training logs), spouting off that walking the dog was not training.

Keep the log going, great read.
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Lead Balloon » 22 Jan 2013 20:28

21/1/13
Jog
Bridleway
7.7mi
1h23m46
10:53min/mi
155/174bpm
373ft
1259cal

Dexter has started feeling better so I managed to get out for a nice, easy run last night. I was aiming to keep my HR at or below 155bpm throughout which I managed for the majority, only having it climb on the uphills and then letting it drop back down afterwards. I weighed the daysack I've been using for the safety stores just to satisfy my curiosity and it was 5kg. It's getting to be a second skin again now. Just goes to show that you never really forget what it feels like to run with kit.

22/1/13
Dog Walk
3.84mi
1h19m02
2.9mph
116/161bpm
133ft
723cal

With Dexter on the mend again I decided to take him out for a proper leg stretch this morning as he's been sleeping all day for the last few days. He's full of energy again which is great, I was really starting to worry about him. That's about it for training at the moment with everything that's been going on. It seems that everything has decided to happen at once. In the next few weeks though it should all come together and then I'll finally be a home owner along with the rest.

jonathon.e wrote:Great training log, love the Dexter walks, goes to show that walking the dog is training.

A few of the more senior members may recall a forumite ( none paid up club member, who occasionally writes in the training logs), spouting off that walking the dog was not training.

Keep the log going, great read.

Cheers Jon, if I didn't put in the dog walks at the moment then it'd be a pretty barren training log :lol:

So much for January being a big volume bike month.
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 27 Jan 2013 15:17

All I've managed over the last few days is a dog walk around the standard loop each day and that's about it. Pretty pathetic at the moment. The snow has finally melted just in time for me to have to make another trip up to Liverpool for a few days so I can't even take advantage and get out on the bike.

I'm getting quite ratty lately as I've not been able to do much of any exercise. As soon as I get back into a proper routine again it will pass. Until then I'm sure I'm being a nightmare to live with but it can't be helped.
Lead Balloon

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs