The Wifski

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

The Wifski

Postby S11 » 18 Nov 2013 14:19

Who gave me permission to buy a new TT - upholding the tradition of N+1

So shiny new Trek Speed Concept 9 ordered which will be graced with a new Reynolds Disc and 66m front....

So the Interceptor has a new home already (whoever gets that bike is getting a cracker...) and the new one will hopefully be picked up during the Christmas break.

Got to luv my wife......
S11

Blog: View Blog (41)

Re: The Wifski

Postby Jack Hughes » 18 Nov 2013 14:32

Genuine question: why the change?
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby S11 » 18 Nov 2013 15:45

The current speed concept is coming up on 4yr old and with the new speed concept coming out then it would be highly unlikely I would get the same resale value on it to what I have been offered now.

The current SC7 was/will be sold to a guy who will be doing Ironman Wales and I know he would look after it - it wasn't a jump in with two feet decision. Not so much did I need it, because that would be no, but it came down to - did I want it and that is Yes. So with the good resale on the current one me wanting the new one then it was fine.

There are one or two other reasons but these are minor.
S11

Postby Jack Hughes » 18 Nov 2013 15:49

Didn't realise it was four years old. Thought it was only a couple...if that.. Makes sense.
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby kfjatek » 18 Nov 2013 15:51

Well done on powers of persuasion. I'm currently trying hard to indoctrinate Mrs. Kfjatek as to the immense benefits of owning a TT bike...

shadowone1 wrote:There are one or two other reasons but these are minor

Two shots in the dark:

- colour (more red?)
- you really want to join Bopo & Bendy in the new fad that is Dynamic Seatpost Adjustment System that's become so popular on those new bikes?

:lol:

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby JoddyBear » 18 Nov 2013 16:26

Do you mean the Fully Automated Telescopically Adjusting Seatpost System on Bopo's bike?

It's not the same thing with Ben's at all, he's just a complete incape
JoddyBear

Postby Jack Hughes » 18 Nov 2013 16:39

JoddyBear wrote:Do you mean the Fully Automated Telescopically Adjusting Seatpost System on Bopo's bike?

It's not the same thing with Ben's at all, he's just a complete incape

Perfect.
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby S11 » 18 Nov 2013 17:35

kfjatek wrote:Well done on powers of persuasion. I'm currently trying hard to indoctrinate Mrs. Kfjatek as to the immense benefits of owning a TT bike...

shadowone1 wrote:There are one or two other reasons but these are minor

No they are more personal shall we say and are not really relevant to anyone other than me.

Yes Jack - Its coming up on 4yrs since it first came out and with all intents and purposes with the release of the new SC then its more or less devalued the bike somewhat - even tho its a top end SC7 its the same as when a new model of car comes out, the old one is devalued. So with the guy wanting to buy it then it sort of fell into place really.

Kfjatek - the current SC had major problems when it first came out with the seat post slipping - the bolt system arrangement was shocking and Trek had to release a new bolt arrangement - its really fairly common but when you spend that sort of dosh you expect it to work. No doubt this current one will have all those quirks sorted :?: There is a bigger cluster as I've gone for Ultegra Di2 with this as the cost was an extra £600 but to retrofit would have been double that. Plus with the Ui2 fitted all the batteries are hidden away in the stem/ seat post etc but the retrofit they are visible so I know within myself I would regret not getting the Ui2 so spent probably more than I would have liked.

However back to my wife...awesome...just awesome.
S11

Postby Kevy427 » 18 Nov 2013 18:12

shadowone1 wrote:However back to my wife...awesome...just awesome

You should treat her to a Mars Bar :lol:
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby Jack Hughes » 18 Nov 2013 19:13

Well done Mrs Shadow11
Omnia Vanitas