Mark Shaw

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

Mark Shaw

Postby Jungle_re » 09 May 2013 09:54

Well i'm sure anyone who has gone previously knows that I would have and did have an awesome time at Les stables. Who whole team were fantastic.
However I have to say a special thanks to Mark as the velo gods were not on my side. Ive never punctured once in the last 18 months yet got through nearly 10 tubes in the week, including a hugely comedic incident when my bike punctured stationary lent on a tree outside the pub!

Mark made an excellent support rider and domestique :lol: Thanks for your help mate and all your pateince not forgetting your back wheel to suck on the numerous catch ups :D
Hats off to a genuinely nice guy, cheers Mark.
26th May 2013 IM 70.3 Austria
Jungle_re
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Mark Shaw

Postby Bendy Ben » 10 May 2013 00:46

10 punctures!!

I'm taking tubs! oh dear

road surface or wheel issues ?

Rim tape in good order ? Did you check inside of the tyre? .... ive never heard of that many. bad luck mate but glad you enjoyed it
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Jungle_re » 10 May 2013 21:39

unknown wheel issue and really bad luck, both of us check the rim repeatedly and could not find a burr or any other issue (possibly my weight may have been an issue).
I've now sanded/polished the inside of the rim and used new better rim tape so hopefully should be ok not had a puncture since touch wood.

The roads are in decent nick, a few areas with gravel on but far far better than home you should be fine.
Jungle_re

Postby Jungle_re » 14 May 2013 07:32

Have now lightly sanded the inside of the rim new tape and tings seem better. Mixture of very bad luck and maybe a missed bur but we both checked each time and couldn't feel anything.

Roads are good really, and few patches of gravel about but that's it certainly a thousand times better than at home. Sure you will be fine it was only me that had problems.
Jungle_re

Postby Bendy Ben » 14 May 2013 09:43

All kyhe times I've been and with everyone else I've never seen any of us get a puncture. Bad luck
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Seasider71 » 14 May 2013 11:16

Cut your old race numbers into strips and make some rim tape out of them, that material is virtually impenetrable, as most will have discovered when trying to push a safety pin through it. :D
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Slap On The Back From The BCTTT