BCTTT- My Begging

Someone done a good job? Deserving of a big hand on the BCTTT forum? Tell all here….

BCTTT- My Begging

Postby andyb99 » 11 Apr 2013 08:26

Its Thank you time from me to the BCTTT.
with the final pledged donations to be paid by offline friends i will have hit my £1200 target for the london marathon appeal and i have some people in the BCTTT to thank personally for their donations.......Obviously many people have simply donated and i'm massively grateful...thanks.
but some special mentions have to go to some people.

scibby...for donating a wetsuit...which was a prize...but fitted Jibbs better....so he bought it....thanks guys.
CCS....not only donated but also bought some wheels off Jonathon.e. plus gave away her entry for the reading half and had Tritans pay to my charity...and he added a bit on top....thanks guys.
Sar....again..donated...but also made some bracelets which i sold to people in the pub for crimbo prezzies that raised £50...the last three went to my friends kids who love them...and brought a £200 donation from their dads company.
Jonathon.e donated some kit.....which has all been sold except for the CD (i've never got round to the music magpie thing)...including an Ironman watch...which formed part of the £200 donation above but most of all brings massive joy to little paddy...who's inspired by our ironman efforts ...will be taking part in ironkids this year and would do a trithlon right now if he was old enough...its brill to spread some joy eh???

Most of all...i have to thank Mike the Bike...who i know doesnt come on here....but the offer he has done...with the discounted fits and mechanic course is incredible...not only does it allow us to benefit if you need any of these...but lets just think about what he's done for me here......a bike mechanic course is £110....this is what i paid...and its worth every penny...he's discounted this to £80.....wow...brilliant value....but then given my charity half of that...so effectively done the course for £40...i've not yet totted up how much its raised....but its substantial...and incredibly generous from the nicest bloke in the business (the offer is open for one more week by the way...dont be shy)

so...the experience i thought was going to be tough...its hard to ask people for money in todays climate...but as usual....triathlon people have stepped up...and in particular the people of this incredible little forum.

Thanks
andyb99
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Re: BCTTT- My Begging

Postby Seasider71 » 11 Apr 2013 10:56

Now all you have to do is finish, or you will have to give it all back....lol ;)
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: BCTTT- My Begging

Postby andyb99 » 11 Apr 2013 18:55

Seasider71 wrote:Now all you have to do is finish, or you will have to give it all back....lol ;)

yeah...finishing isnt in doubt.....the amount of pain my foot is causing me is the issue....but i'm not bothered...i'm in better shape than i was for that outlaw marathon..i was a right wreck at that one!
andyb99
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Return to Slap On The Back From The BCTTT