Winter gloves

Post your questions about bike maintenance, bike problems, kit issues, goggle issues – anything to do with the kit you have which isn’t quite going to plan and you’re looking for an answer why.

Re: Winter gloves

Postby CCS » 28 Oct 2012 15:09

A couple of further observations on the neoprene gloves front (reminded by wearing mine today for the first time in ages):
- NEVER remove your gloves during a ride unless it's a real emergency - they do get pretty disgusting inside, and you are unlikely to want to put your hands back in
- you do loose a bit of the ability to hold onto stuff - emergency mars bar (TM) slipped out of my hand during in flight re-fuelling, leaving a tantalising tase of caramel on my teeth, but little in the way of nutrition

That said, fingers were toasty warm!
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby kfjatek » 28 Oct 2012 23:46

So, in my usual spirit of blissful mindlessness (a recurring phenomenon, although to my defense, I had four hours' sleep the night before), I forgot to check the glove options at Bridgtown yesterday and had to resort to last-minute emergency buy at Sigma. Ended up buying these:

http://road.cc/content/review/47497-cas ... -due-glove

...and have to say I think I'm slowly but surely transforming myself into a Castelli man. Comfy and warm - wind stopper outer fabric and Thinsulate 40g inside really make these gloves deliver. Not the cheapest of things, of course, but thanks to them I lost no fingers to frostbite on today's ride.

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Tritans » 30 Oct 2012 20:22

Ooh they look nice.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby kfjatek » 30 Oct 2012 20:32

Tritans wrote:Ooh they look nice.

I know - I didn't realise I was so cycling fashion conscious, but styling wise the Castelli kit I have rocks.

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Previous

Return to Technical FAQ