Swim Training kit?

Post your questions about bike maintenance, bike problems, kit issues, goggle issues – anything to do with the kit you have which isn’t quite going to plan and you’re looking for an answer why.

Re: Swim Training kit?

Postby Jack Hughes » 18 Mar 2011 09:31

Woody wrote: Does the TI give you drills to do?

It's _all_ drills.

You hardly ever get to swim whole stroke (when you are starting out).

The premise is that your whole stroke is wrong. So you have to deconstruct it. Then work on getting the "micro components" of the stroke right. Then, and only then, re-construct your whole stroke out of the newly learned micro components. (That is my terminology and interpretation, not a TI one).

TI should suit you as it is very Zen and all about Flow and stuff.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Woody » 19 Mar 2011 08:35

Thanks jack, watched the vid and so have an idea of what to do now! It's very much broken down and based on kineasthetic learning so hopefully it'll suit me. Will be trying it out soon ;-)
Woody
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby gingertri » 20 Mar 2011 09:06

i've got hand-paddles and a pull-buoy. The pull buoy is really handy when you're injured and as jibby told me you can use it as a kickboard if need be! the paddles i use about once every week or so and found that they helped my OW swimming the most - i did sets of 10 lengths without, 8 with - do 3 sets then warm down and your arms will hurt!
gingertri

Blog: View Blog (3)

Previous

Return to Technical FAQ