2014 Time trialling Forum/Club BAR Competition

Re: Time trialling Forum/Club BAR Competition

Postby Jack Hughes » 09 Sep 2014 15:40

Good point.

Just had another look at the spreadsheet.

Although I am reasonably confident at pulling off the V50 Gentlemen's first place in the FUBAR, there is a bit of a tussle for the Veteran Gentlemen's competition - just need Tritans to avoid any 25s. And me to actually ride the V in a reasonable-ish time to pull ahead of jon.e.

Obviously, CCS is likely to be the best Veteran as I would have to do a 20 to get close.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby IanM » 09 Sep 2014 15:45

Ta - as long as I get through this weekend's race ok, I expect I'll enter.

Jack Hughes wrote:with a PM this should be fairly easy - especially with an even course. e.g. FTP-3% of FTP-5% You could go with a conservative first half, e.g. at -5%, then see what happens for the second half.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind - head out at upper end of sweetspot, and then see if I can build from there.

CCS wrote:Actually, what I am saying.... don't do it - that way, I am club Short BAR champ by virtue of being the only person to complete the 3 distances

Haha :D My main motivation to do it is to get a baseline time to look at improving next year... but I must admit that qualifying for the Short FoBAR is also part of it :twisted:

Fancy it CCS? It's J5/12, which is the Blythe Bridge / A50 course, so very very quick. Sat 27/9. It'll give you an idea what the J5/8 25TT course looks like if you plan to enter the Manchester district pref event next year for a crack at sub hour (which you should do easily, conditions allowing)
IanM

Postby jonathon.e » 09 Sep 2014 15:48

As the course on Saturday was the same one used for the 12hr national,as well as the 100 mile TT, so it was a standard course, why not just use the times for the first 10,25,50 mile markers ;)

At least is was most of the course.
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby CCS » 09 Sep 2014 16:01

IanM wrote:Fancy it CCS? It's J5/12, which is the Blythe Bridge / A50 course, so very very quick. Sat 27/9. It'll give you an idea what the J5/8 25TT course looks like if you plan to enter the Manchester district pref event next year for a crack at sub hour (which you should do easily, conditions allowing)

Tempting... but not sure I would get an exit to head to such foreign parts.... did half have an inkling to do a local sprint the following day as a season close (major selling point for races is being able to get home before mid morning and pretend that I hadn't been out)... Not sure that I have ridden enough recently for a 50 - 65 hilly kms almost killed me the other week!
Just trying to plan out next season - so will put this one on the radar (depending on how I get one with the 2 early season 50s that already seem to have put themselves on my calendar).
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Jack Hughes » 09 Sep 2014 16:13

Surely next year's calendar isn't finalised yet??

So there may be some subtle changes over last year...

or do you have superior local knowledge?
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby CCS » 09 Sep 2014 16:32

Jack Hughes wrote:Surely next year's calendar isn't finalised yet??

So there may be some subtle changes over last year...

or do you have superior local knowledge?

Not really... though dates for the Nationals are out (and I hope to have a go at 10, 25 & 50); and, there is a provisional SEWTTS list up already... so that's a fair number of my free weekends planned out. Then, there are a few courses I quite fancy trying, there I have pencilled in rough dates... and that's before I even start to think about triathlons. Wonder if I really have any time for anything other than a few small, local races for a bit of fun, and whether I should be more focused on the bike, or whether that would just backfire horribly...
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Tritans » 09 Sep 2014 19:38

Jack Hughes wrote:Good point.

Just had another look at the spreadsheet.

Although I am reasonably confident at pulling off the V50 Gentlemen's first place in the FUBAR, there is a bit of a tussle for the Veteran Gentlemen's competition - just need Tritans to avoid any 25s. And me to actually ride the V in a reasonable-ish time to pull ahead of jon.e.

Obviously, CCS is likely to be the best Veteran as I would have to do a 20 to get close.

I have one last throw of the dice. Unfortunately the date doesn't fall particularly well, 2 days after what is sure to be a VERY competitive trip to the olympic velodrome, and subsequent "celebration".

Penned in the finest quill from The Royal County.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Jack Hughes » 13 Sep 2014 18:42

My final throw of the dice was 23:11, which compared with "the one that got away" is a bit meh. Too tired after last week and the end of the season, still a bit sore too. And not enough sleep the night before. Weather not as good as the "perfect day".

The highlight was the last mile in less < 2 minutes. Pacing was a bit off to be honest.

Still, I've consolidated my lead in the VM50 section :D
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

Postby IanM » 13 Sep 2014 19:09

3rd fastest person for 10 in the club too, not too shabby! Well done JH :)
IanM

Postby Jack Hughes » 13 Sep 2014 19:25

IanM wrote:3rd fastest person for 10 in the club too, not too shabby! Well done JH :)

Are you counting Ewan, who isn't a actually a member ;)
Omnia Vanitas

Jack Hughes

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Time Trials