2013 Time trialling Forum/Club BAR Competition

2013 Time trialling Forum/Club BAR Competition

Postby Ewan » 28 May 2013 14:10

ROLL UP ROLL UP FOR THE GREAT FORUM BAR COMPETITION (FoBAR)

After it’s inaugural success in 2013, there is now an annual Forum Best All Rounder (BAR) competition. The competition is based on the historic British Best All Rounder (BBAR) competition (read all about it here and here), but since the aim of this competition is to get some more of us entering and racing some time trials, we’ll keep the distances a bit shorter.

Rules
* To be eligible for the FoBAR riders must submit their best two times of the season for both 10mile and 25mile time trials. The winner will be the rider who achieves the fastest average speed across all four rides.
* Because it's just for fun, the rules can be pretty lax, but all qualifying rides need to be genuine TTs, no home spun strava segments please. Local club events, or open competitions are all fine, so long as you’ve got a number pinned to your back.
* Submitted time should be the time keeper's, not whatever it happens to say on the Garmin. If you want to post a link (or hastily snapped phone photo) of the time sheet as "proof" then thats cool, but it's just for fun so we'll trust you if you don't.
* To enter, just click on the big red link below…

Spreadsheet Instructions
* Pretty self explanatory, but just enter your name and your best times for each distance. "10a" refers to your best 10mile time and "10b" to your second best time, so when you beat your seasons best, remember to edit your "b" time as well. Don't go buggering about with all the other columns because you'll only break it, and since I plagiarised it from another site I won't know how to fix it. :ninja:.
* The FoBAR is only run over 10 and 25mile distances, however because this is all just for a bit of fun, we encourage you to ride some longer events (e.g. 50mile) and post them up on the spreadsheet as well :-).

2013 Results
2013 Won by CCS

For reference, I've edited this post... the original first post can be found here
Ewan

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Time trialling

Postby Tritans » 28 May 2013 15:06

Are you able to remove the "example" it's upsetting me. ;) :lol:
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Ewan » 28 May 2013 15:52

Ha! Most of those times belong to a real rider on another forum (from whence I stole the spreadsheet). I think the relevant rider was known as PNUT and the only times I made up were their "b" times - Impressive huh?

My next attempt will be on Wednesday on the H10/17R course in Southmoor. Records show that while I've never raced a 10 on that course, my PB at 25miles was set on the same stretch of road (albeit extended) in 2010. Also, comparing the last 10 winning times, the H10/17R is on average a minute and a quarter quicker than the Hardwick course last week. Either way I'll be hoping for an improvement :-)

Also I just realised I've only got one 25 on the cards so I might have to start looking for another :-)
Ewan

Postby Worrying Will » 28 May 2013 16:27

why dont 2 up counts they are mans races
Thinks to much about it all
Worrying Will

Postby CCS » 28 May 2013 17:52

Worrying Will wrote:why dont 2 up counts they are mans races

Aren't ladies allowed to do them to (or would we spend too much time chatting?)
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Worrying Will » 28 May 2013 19:47

CCS wrote:Aren't ladies allowed to do them to (or would we spend too much time chatting?)

Sorry
They are the hard version of TT

If they do them like most women in my look pool swim the would be very good at 2ups
Worrying Will

Postby Ewan » 29 May 2013 20:36

H10/17R cancelled tonight due to excess road spray. Subsequently it was also discovered there was an RTA on the course up near the turn around so no racing tonight. Shame because it's probably a minute and a half quicker than the course last week.

Also...

Roll up, Roll up for the forum BAR. Surely more people than Ade, Clare and I have raced this year? Jack... Jon... Conehead...?

Click the link... you know you want to... FORUM BAR
Ewan

Postby Ewan » 29 May 2013 20:37

Worrying Will wrote:They are the hard version of TT

lolz... Obviously sucking wheel for half the course makes it harder...
Ewan

Postby Worrying Will » 29 May 2013 21:12

they are in if factor in trying two get to people from the BCTTT at the same time and same place and stay togther
Worrying Will

Postby Kevy427 » 29 May 2013 21:27

Worrying Will wrote:they are in if factor in trying two get to people from the BCTTT at the same time and same place and stay togther

Especially Midlanderists
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Next

Return to Cycling Time Trials