FAO: Iron distance and other Fear-distance (TM) racers

Discuss upcoming races here

Re: FAO: Iron distance and other Fear-distance (TM) racers

Postby Tritans » 04 Dec 2010 11:59

IMCH

It being too hot and having a wetsuit ban. This could result in DNS.

Assuming I get through the above, not finishing would really, really hurt.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Bopomofo » 05 Dec 2010 13:57

Swashbuckler and Weymouth Middle Distance races...

Fear: That the last 10km of the run will make me cry like it has every other time.

Escape from Alcatraz

Fear: That I actually get a place then have to explain it the WAT officer.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby jonathon.e » 06 Dec 2010 20:44

In three decades of competeing(sic) in triathlon I have yet to meet the ''Fear''.

I can only assume he/she is new on the block and has seen an openning in a venture that has not previously been utilised,or capitalised on by WTC/ITU/Human Race etc.
Like the X factor it is a fabrication of an over active marketing mind designed to make you purchase more expensive carbonised products,when speedo's,dunlop greenflash,and a sturmy Archer three speed would be adequate.

Maybe the Fear is a pussy,or a cat,maybe it is the cat that belongs to Mr Schrodinger.
What's in the box??????

So long and thanks for the fish!!!
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Jimba » 18 Dec 2010 10:45

Dear Mr Fear

We have never met, but I have heard a lot about you. So far I have done long distance cycling events which don't seem to be your thing. My triathlons have all been sprints as I have a genetic inability to swim. This is not some difficulty of the " I've never really tried variety", I have, with me it is inability at a cellular level. I have done lessons and video analysis, but the consensus is that Jimba and water don't mix.

The only other problem I have is that I can't run more than 6miles without an excrutiating pain just behind my toes on my right foot.

So with that in mind, I have entered the Vit.

Given that it is the festive period, I was just wondering whether you could cross me off your list for next year? What I was thinking was that I could undertake to do a longer event the year after and perhaps we could catch up for a coffee and a chat then, but just give 2011 a miss?

Thanks in anticipation
Jimba :)
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Postby Urban Panda » 18 Dec 2010 16:11

Hi Jimba, at last I am not alone, so good to hear that someone else has a genetic inability to swim too! I've had loads of videos and lessons too but none of it seems to improve my actual swimming speed, people doing breast stroke with their heads out of the water have been known to overtake me when I am doing my best streamlined FC with lovely bi-lateral breathing!! :P
Urban Panda
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby The Fear » 18 Dec 2010 16:16

Lamb to the Slaughter wrote:So far I have done long distance cycling events which don't seem to be your thing.

that's because there isn't much fear factor in cake runs

Lamb to the Slaughter wrote:My triathlons have all been sprints as I have a genetic inability to swim. This is not some difficulty of the " I've never really tried variety", I have, with me it is inability at a cellular level. I have done lessons and video analysis, but the consensus is that Jimba and water don't mix.

making my life easy... do go on

Lamb to the Slaughter wrote:The only other problem I have is that I can't run more than 6miles without an excrutiating pain just behind my toes on my right foot.

oh, this is getting better... but as it's nearly Christmas, have a look at this. Don't take this as a sign of weakness on my part... it's more fun for me if you can actually train for the event :twisted:

Lamb to the Slaughter wrote:So with that in mind, I have entered the Vit.

I thought I'd been scratched off Santa's list...

Lamb to the Slaughter wrote:Given that it is the festive period, I was just wondering whether you could cross me off your list for next year?

No

Lamb to the Slaughter wrote:perhaps we could catch up for a coffee and a chat then, but just give 2011 a miss?

No, but we'll catch up soon enough :twisted:
The Fear
Doesn't live on the forum - yet...

Postby gingertri » 19 Dec 2010 18:08

Swashbuckler - Fear, injuring myself so that i can't do the france training camp and also IMCH
IMCH - Fear - will my legs let me cycle 112miles? :cry:

Fear - have you met anal sphincter controller? i think you're both in the same line of business!
gingertri

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Jack Hughes » 19 Dec 2010 18:19

gingertri wrote:Swashbuckler - Fear, injuring myself so that i can't do the france training camp and also IMCH
IMCH - Fear - will my legs let me cycle 112miles? :cry:

Fear - have you met anal sphincter controller? i think you're both in the same line of business!

No, Simon, they never meet. As soon as fear arrives, the sphincter controller is nowhere to be seen.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Jimba » 22 Dec 2010 19:34

Dear Mr Fear

Thankyou for your reply of 18 December.

I appreciate that you probably get many requests for some sort of dispensation, but I would urge you to reconsider my suggestion. A couple of other points may assist.

1. You may have seen a number of comments on the Non-Swimmers Thread, as you will see the Vit apparently has a cut-off time, of which I was blissfully unaware when I entered. It is an expensive business this Tri malarkey and I would really rather not pay £110 for a swim in Rutland water and then not be allowed to tear the field up on man's natural territory.

2. You will no doubt be suffering the effects of the Credit Crunch and I presume you are Govt funded and will be facing 25% budget cuts next year. As such, may I suggest that one way of you balancing your budget is perhaps by working part-time and take 3 Sept off? Another possibility is a job share arrangement with Sphincter Controller perhaps or if humiliation is your objective with Knob Shrinker? Either of the latter would not prevent me from completing, just not completing with any dignity.

I look forward to your reply.

Your Faithfully

Jimba
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Postby Urban Panda » 23 Dec 2010 19:56

Dear PA to the Fear, please request your boss to stick to triathlon and not venture into the realm of driving in the dark on icy roads.

Your co-operation would be much appreciated.

Come my first race of the season I'll be ready for you but STAY AWAY FROM ME WHEN I AM DRIVING TO THE SUPERMARKET!!!!!
Urban Panda
Starting to spend time on the forum....

PreviousNext

Return to Events