I've been a lazy bugger...

General chat and questions go here

Re: I've been a lazy bugger...

Postby willtri » 14 Jan 2010 16:16

Was falling asleep before lunch - feel a lot better now.

Glad i'm not the only one..... :) :)
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
willtri
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby TRIumphant » 14 Jan 2010 16:20

albinolock wrote:TriUmphant which Ultra?

It's the Wye Ultra, run by Black Sheep Sports, who do The Little Woody. It's only 30 miles ( :lol: ), mainly trail run. I thought it would be a god mental motivator for IMUK, and hopefully its far enough out from the race that it shouldn;t affect my training.
June IronMan UK 70.3
July Challenge Vitoria
September IronMan Wales
TRIumphant
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby jonathon.e » 14 Jan 2010 17:41

surely the motivation to do something is down to the fact that if everyone is not training,you can get a head start.Get in that training when everyone else is hiding behind a warm fire,watching the electronic babysitter.
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Jellybaby » 14 Jan 2010 17:53

I've managed to stick solidly to my BeIronFit plan this week so far (week 3), managed most of last week and just did a few turbo sessions in week 1. Although I need that little bit extra time on everyone else just to get to the same level they're starting at. I still can't run faster than 5mph without my heart rate shooting off above zone 3 :cry:
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby

Postby md6 » 14 Jan 2010 18:29

i'm actually slightly ahead of my be iron fit plan - mainly because i had so much time off last week (i only trained on saturday) that i didn't take monday as a rest day, and knocked out two sessions. I am only 1 session ahead at the moment tho. By tomorrow i will be back to level pegging

Is it just me or does the amount of swimming in the plan seem a little ecessive at the moment? This week i only had to cycle and run for 3:00 each yet swimming was 5km over 2 sessions last week was more but with less bike and run.
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby garyroberts » 14 Jan 2010 21:43

I have to win this one, because that'll be the only thing this year! I did nothing from the beginning of November right through to two weeks ago. And when I say nothing I mean it. Nothing. The gym thinks I'm dead. My bike was asking to leave. My knee has been moaning at me. It's all shite here! Started on the turbo two weeks ago....still haven't run as under physio who says NO!

Therefore......I win the lazyboy stakes......oh yeah.....forgotten to say I've forgotten how to swim!
Swim like a brick, cycle like a sail, run like constipation
garyroberts
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby didds » 14 Jan 2010 22:27

this thread has made me feel good, just when i was concerned that i was falling off the wagon! My plan is rapidly degenerating due to the weather and some strange session changes in it to something that is starting to provide just an indication of what to do... it ramped very nicely from 45 minutes to 70 minutes run - then straight to 90 minutes the next week... similarly 1500m to 200m swim... then the next week straight to 3000m! Meanwhile the bike seems stuck at 90 minutes twice a week! (Which just goes to show how pants generic plans are really!)

So I'm training steadily anyway, at least once a day in something. been doing lots of turboing recently as the roads round here are still lethal to ruin or cycle on, and driving at times has been interesting to get to the pool etc.

Onwards and upwards!

didds
didds

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby gingertri » 14 Jan 2010 22:46

i ran about 4 times over xmas! does walking to and from the station in the snow and slush count as exercise? :roll: right then turbo sess start tomorrow! anyone want to go for a ride on sunday in the south east/london massive?
gingertri

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Jellybaby » 15 Jan 2010 10:28

The SGM and I are planning a ride tomorrow if anyone fancies joining us? Anyone who fancies it let us know by, say, 4pm and then we can decide where/what time to set off
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby

Previous

Return to General Discussion