Can anyone help me to count to 5....

General chat and questions go here

Can anyone help me to count to 5....

Postby willtri » 25 Jan 2010 14:50

So i'm doing pyramids in the pool - the last three times i've forgotten if im at 4/5!! It's usually when i'm getting tired or concentrating on something stroke related

Anyone got any clever tips that could help....apart from learn basic math!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
willtri
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Re: Can anyone help me to count to 5....

Postby flavadave » 25 Jan 2010 14:58

Sportcount. Fits on your finger, dead easy... although you have to remember to press the button each time. Handy bit of kit.

http://www.sportcount.com/
flavadave

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby malteser » 25 Jan 2010 15:00

Use letters instead of numbers and think of a catergory to use for each such letter.

I usually use football teams as a category when doing lengths. A is for Arsenal, B for Bolton etc. Once I get past A its a matter of picking a team starting with that letter and just letting your mind wander about how sh*%e they are compared to the team that starts with 'A'. I find it easier to remember a word I've thought about that a number.
malteser
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Postby albinolock » 25 Jan 2010 15:12

a pool mate swimming watch? counts lengths/Sets for you....
How hard can it be?? and what could possibly go wrong?????
albinolock
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Postby Bopomofo » 25 Jan 2010 15:18

In each set of lengths concentrate on a different aspect of your stroke? Always do the same order.

Extension, catch, breathing, body roll etc.

Alternatively, you could use self-punishment: if you can't remember which repeat you are on then assume the worst case. You could end up swimming a lot further. :-)
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Seasider71 » 25 Jan 2010 15:54

Only count at one end of the pool and not ever 25m
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby willtri » 25 Jan 2010 16:14

malteser wrote:Use letters instead of numbers and think of a catergory to use for each such letter.

I usually use football teams as a category when doing lengths. A is for Arsenal, B for Bolton etc. Once I get past A its a matter of picking a team starting with that letter and just letting your mind wander about how sh*%e they are compared to the team that starts with 'A'. I find it easier to remember a word I've thought about that a number.

Would love to use this but i'm more of a Stoke fan!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
willtri

Postby willtri » 25 Jan 2010 16:15

flavadave wrote:Sportcount. Fits on your finger, dead easy... although you have to remember to press the button each time. Handy bit of kit.

http://www.sportcount.com/

Nice one dave - £18 on ebay. Haven't bought anyhting for a while - even Wiggle have emailed me saying they were missing me...

The missus was quite impressed! :lol:
willtri

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 25 Jan 2010 16:45

If your doing them of a set time e.g. off 2:00, 4:00, 8:00, 4:00, 2:00 then look at the clock first, total time would be 20:00 for the set, so if you start at 7:32 you won't finish till 7:52. Helps me remember on my 10x200m sets when I do them.

Alternatively put 5 elastic bands around your water bottle and use them like an abacus.
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to General Discussion