Best Race Swag!

General chat and questions go here

Best Race Swag!

Postby Jack Hughes » 24 Jan 2010 13:05

So, what was your best bit of race giveaway from last year? What has pride of place on your mantelpiece, trophy cabinet, cupboard-under-the-stairs? And, what would you like to see in the goody bag this year?

Mine: A bottle of Specially brewed and bottled beer for the Helwith Bridge Duathlon. It has a special label and everything - a limited edition of about 125. It's still sat on the sideboard - I'm too attached to it to open it and drink it. And it's too far north for Gazza to get his sclerotic liver spotted hands on.

What I would really like to see in the goody bag, instead of a T-shirt is a drinking bottle. I've got one or two of these from bike events, but as I get through a few (lossage, not cleaning them properly and so having to donate them to medical science) a year, it would be nice to build up a small collection of these. They can't cost much more than a T-shirt, surely.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Re: Best Race Swag!

Postby jonathon.e » 24 Jan 2010 13:15

variety of bike bottles
nice coaster in slate
glass shot glass,very nice.
Oh and a Transition Towel...who uses a towel in the transition area?,it just takes up too much room.

but it is the swag that doesn't make it to the mantleshelves, namely the creme eggs from the Bunny Runs,and a race that I missed today because of work,The Soreen Stanbury Dash(free tea/coffee and bickies at the finish)but all finishers are given a Soreen Malt loaf mmmmmmmmmmmm
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Tri Pencil » 24 Jan 2010 14:10

I've had a couple of water bottles,
Slate medal which was ok.
Transition towel.
Some very nice technical t shirts.
Best was a bag that I now use for all my swimming kit.

But the best by far was a £2 off token to enter a duathlon held by the same club!! :lol:

Tri Pencil
Wife to me when I told her I had entered Little Woody.

"You pillock, now why would you want to do that?"
Tri Pencil
Posts a bit, but not too much

Postby ris » 24 Jan 2010 14:58

Highworth tri did a special local beer which was a really nice touch, and a pink transition towel from farringdon has been handy.

No water bottles this year but I got a couple last season which have been useful.
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby moonshine » 24 Jan 2010 16:15

water bottles - useful

technical shirt from For Goodness shakes was good

would like - chocolate :roll:
As long as chocolate is involved I can do anything
moonshine
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby ris » 24 Jan 2010 17:29

i think at farringon the total race bag was pink towel, t-shirt, some gels, some shower gel (v useful post race), banana and some mini choccy bars. given the race cost me £25 on an early entrant rate it was brilliant value.
most disturbing in lycra, 2010, 2012, 2013
club champ 2015
ris

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby Bopomofo » 24 Jan 2010 23:28

I got something at Salisbury Sprint a while ago that at first I though was a fantastically inappropriate ornamental ash-tray. :lol: Turns out it was a CD holder which was just confusingly irrelevant.

I have a nice collection of drinks bottles, including a monster 800ml Lucozade sport one which is great for longer jaunts. Also a kit bag from the Solent half mara which is just right for fins, paddles etc.

Best gift ever is the fruit-cake chunks that you get after the Eastleigh 10k, with a carton of Orange juice. You can't put it on the mantlepiece but, my goodness, it is welcome.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby sfuller » 25 Jan 2010 08:56

Mostly evergy drinks, bars and gels. A couple of t's and a medal. The best swag I got was from the BUPA 10k in London last year; it was £35 to enter and you got loads of energy stuff and I mean loads, lucozade too which is my fave, and an Asics running T, which alone are about £25. I'm doing a few bigger races next year - Cowman, London Plus and Vitruvian, hoping for some good gear from them. ;) ;)

Jack Hughes - I got a semi decent T from Skipton Tri last year, you do it?
sfuller
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Postby Jules » 25 Jan 2010 10:44

Just to plug my other club, I got a really good T-Shirt off Chester when I did the Deva Tri last year.

Last weekend at the Four Villages Half Marathon I got a bottle of locally brewed real ale. Very nice it was too.

Most race bags are a bit crap though and in all honesty I'd prefer the option to pay less for the event and to not get one. Obviously if you have some finishers getting bags and some not that might take some organising. Possibly different coloured race numbers or something might work.
Occasional BCTTT messageboard loiterer.
Jules
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby Seasider71 » 25 Jan 2010 16:01

I got a really nice florecent Green thermal hat at last Decembers Turkey Trot - It was a great bit of kit for all the snow we have had recently :D
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to General Discussion