A tale of two hips - chapter 8

General chat and questions go here

A tale of two hips - chapter 8

Postby didds » 14 Jan 2019 16:17

Well well well.... chapter eight... or maybe its an epilogue...

regular readers may well recall I had a total right his replacement in Dec 2012 and was banned from running by the surgeon/cpnsultant. See Chapter 7 for the fuller details.

Time marches on... exercise was limited now and I put on weight - not humongous amounts but I got just north of 17 stones (AT70.3 I was 16 st.).

Then i decided in April 2018 enough was enough. I had to do something. So I started the "Eight Week Blood Sugar Diet" - with huge success. 8 weeks alter I was down over two stones. I continued the principle and in another month or so I was down to 86 kgs - 13.5 stones.

I asked my GP if we could reconsider my "no running" rule now I was so much lighter. She just said "you know your own body, and be careful". So I began the coch to 5K ... and again, with success.

I graduated from C25K on 01/09/2018 at a local partkrun. I now PR most weekends... and ran my 1st 10K since 2010 on New Year's Eve 2018. the hip gets sore a little - but doesnt' seem to be any issue at all with running again.

On wards and Upwards.

didds
didds
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: A tale of two hips - chapter 8

Postby jonathon.e » 16 Jan 2019 15:16

That is great news Dodds.
Onwards and upwards, :D
Great to hear that you are back out there.
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Return to General Discussion