What are everyone's aspirations for the year?

General chat and questions go here

Re: What are everyone's aspirations for the year?

Postby Kevy427 » 27 Mar 2018 21:51

Bopo, if you need a training partner then I’ll quite happily ride my scooter alongside, spanking your arse with a ping pong bat whilst shouting helpful words of encouragement such as "Run, fat boy, run" ;)
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby Jimba » 29 Mar 2018 06:33

Kevyn will also do that if you don’t need a training partner :D
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Postby Kevy427 » 30 Mar 2018 08:35

:lol:
Kevy427

Postby Lead Balloon » 04 Apr 2018 15:42

Sounds like some good targets for the year ahead. I’ve had most of my time taken up with the final year of my degree and the crazy shift ‘pattern’ that is work. Down side of being back in the UK full time is I don’t have the time to crack ohys or study anywhee near enough.

One the final exams are done in June and house move all sorted I plan to enter some crit races, most likely just the ones at the MK Bowl. First aim is to finish with the peloton and I would be pumped if I could get any points... first aim will be hard enough though with my current fitness.

Next year or the one after I’d like to crack the Wasdale X as I really enjoyed the Half
Cuffing it, one Cluster at a time!
Haven't ridden my bike since June 2014, bugger
Lead Balloon

Postby Jimba » 04 Apr 2018 19:04

Best of luck LB.....get some entries in!
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Postby CCS » 13 Apr 2018 11:48

Just drifting by to say hello....
It's silly o'clock in the morning and am killing time in the airport lounge waiting for a flight home... and there's only so much coffee a girl can drink...

Aspirations this year are mainly to start having a bit of exercise. Work seems to have rather taken over my life (this full time employemnt lark is no fun) and there is a lot of travelling going on, so don't think I have even been out on a bike since my birthday in October. Fat and unfit - and seem to be exercising my mind mainly so far this year.

Big family holiday planned for the summer too (as we figure it may be the last year that the 17 year old (how did that happen!) will want to come with us) - so not sure if any racing is going to happen at all.
Not quite sure where my head is at re TTs anyway at the moment - rather too many deaths in races last year which does provoke questions re safety and the culture of PB chasing at all costs in the sport. I will just try and do a few local club races to see how sloooow I am. Would almost think of a triathlon - except I am never anywhere near a pool at the moment.

Oh yes - and n+1 joining the stable should I ever be home for long enough to actually have time to collect it. In hindsight, that doesn't seem to have been one of my better. investments
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Kevy427 » 13 Apr 2018 21:07

Would you be kind enough to go into detail with the n+1; tandem, touring or sporty?
Kevy427

Postby Jimba » 13 Apr 2018 22:29

CCS “Oh yes - and n+1 joining the stable should I ever be home for long enough to actually have time to collect it. In hindsight, that doesn't seem to have been one of my better. investments”

According to my logic studies this seems to be a paradoxical statement, how can n+1 not be a good investment :lol:
Clean since 25.9.14
Jimba

Postby Jack Hughes » 14 Apr 2018 19:59

Yes. Do tell.

My road bike is now nearly 10 years old. Every time I price up a replacement I end up thinking "I'm not spending that much on a bike".
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby CCS » 16 Apr 2018 11:40

Jack Hughes wrote:My road bike is now nearly 10 years old. Every time I price up a replacement I end up thinking "I'm not spending that much on a bike".

I ended up in a bit of a similar position - I got Champ in 2009 (and he wasn't new then) - and have indeed ended up spending more money on n+1 that I did on my first car... but I justified it as being a significant birthday present to myself, plus sitting on a bit of redundancy money that it seemed rude not to invest in cheering myself up rather than something dull like putting it in a pension...

n+1 (should I ever find time to actually collect it) is a Trek Emonda Disc with some sort of electronic gadgetry (which I am not entirely sure I believe in... but when making such a significant investment, I figured I might as well get all the options, as I am not planning on ever needing another bike unless I break this one...). The plan was just to have a nice toy for pootling around the roads on (probably would have gone for a Domane as being even more suitable for leisurely riding for the elderly, but that would have cost even more, and trying to be semi-budget conscious).

Will be quite exciting to actually have a brand new bike, as everything other then My Little Pony (who cost the princely sum of £465, but was responsible for getting me into this mess) has been second hand.
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion