Accommodation for the lash up

Our Founder, admins, and moderators will occasionally post in here to alert you to upcoming maintenence and changes to the board etc.

Accommodation for the lash up

Postby Jellybaby » 05 Nov 2010 15:29

Right. Due to an EPIC clusterfuck at their end (and, surprisingly, not mine), the hotel we’re using now only has 7 doubles left for the 27th at our excellent rate of £80 bed and breakfast instead of the 20 originally promised. These need to be booked either today or Monday (office hours 0800 – 1800) by calling Sarah Smart at the MacDonald Burlington Hotel on 01216 331 715 and mentioning the Bridgtown Tri Club Dinner (or James Heywood, she'll be fed up of that name after today).

The MacDonald Burlington is on New Street in Birmingham, and there are a few other hotels within a very short walk. I’ve had a look on laterooms and there are a fair few with a similar price quite close that also look quite nice (Cityquarters at Shaftesbury avenue caught my eye), and the usual budget options. Also, for those who want to splash out (Coney, don’t you owe Mrs C some WAT for IMAZ?), the malmaison is just round the corner too. I’m going to ensure that we get some sort of extra for the dinner/drinky part of the night from the hotel.

I’ll post details for the dinner payment once I’ve spoken with Darren (whether it’s done through club account if we have one or through mine) by the end of the weekend, but please get your accommodation booked asap. I’m really sorry that we’ve been let down, but hopefully the evening will make up for it.

JB
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Accomodation for the lash up

Postby Jellybaby » 05 Nov 2010 15:30

Right. Due to an EPIC clusterfuck at their end (and, surprisingly, not mine), the hotel we’re using now only has 7 doubles left for the 27th at our excellent rate of £80 bed and breakfast instead of the 20 originally promised. These need to be booked either today or Monday (office hours 0800 – 1800) by calling Sarah Smart at the MacDonald Burlington Hotel on 01216 331 715 and mentioning the Bridgtown Tri Club Dinner (or James Heywood, she'll be fed up of that name after today).

The MacDonald Burlington is on New Street in Birmingham, and there are a few other hotels within a very short walk. I’ve had a look on laterooms and there are a fair few with a similar price quite close that also look quite nice (Cityquarters at Shaftesbury avenue caught my eye), and the usual budget options. Also, for those who want to splash out (Coney, don’t you owe Mrs C some WAT for IMAZ?), the malmaison is just round the corner too. I’m going to ensure that we get some sort of extra for the dinner/drinky part of the night from the hotel.

I’ll post details for the dinner payment once I’ve spoken with Darren (whether it’s done through club account if we have one or through mine) by the end of the weekend, but please get your accommodation booked asap. I’m really sorry that we’ve been let down, but hopefully the evening will make up for it.

JB
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Re: Accommodation for the lash up

Postby JoddyBear » 05 Nov 2010 15:35

booked :-)
JoddyBear

Re: Accomodation for the lash up

Postby willy_1977 » 05 Nov 2010 15:51

cheers JB - sorry folks like greased weasel droppings... I've got 1 of those 7 doubles...
Venimus, vidimus, bibimus.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby willy_1977 » 05 Nov 2010 15:53

OI... where's my post gone... joddy you thieving git!

right:

like greased weasel droppings I'm booked for one of those doubles ;)
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby james » 05 Nov 2010 16:00

Booked too!!!
james
Posts a bit, but not too much

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 05 Nov 2010 17:30

Just rang no doubles left. Not that it matters for me as I only need a single thankfully. Train tickets next me thinks.
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby willy_1977 » 05 Nov 2010 18:02

:oops: :oops: :oops: spazz I am... found it on the announcements thread... grrrr... I take back the unlawful slurr on your character the joddy man...

right... so I'm going to merge these threads God knows what we'll end up with.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby willy_1977 » 05 Nov 2010 18:05

Ok so that's merged two threads into one - it's not lost owt but it does read funnier :D

I've also made it a global announcement so that it is a visible announcement wherever you are on the forum...

Off to put this onto the hall of fame thread :D
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby Bendy Ben » 05 Nov 2010 21:29

PMSL

A royal cock up
Bendy Ben

Blog: View Blog (3)

Next

Return to Announcements