Powertap (Shimano) wheel + Wheelcovers + race tyres

Bikes, frames and all the other parts can be found in here.

Powertap (Shimano) wheel + Wheelcovers + race tyres

Postby IanM » 27 Jun 2014 13:58

Gauging interest on this one, as thanks to the club's tame(ish) deviant I may take the plunge on a set of Vectors.

So I've got a Powertap Pro 2012 Shimano hub (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cycleops-powert ... 5360464210) which is about 18 months old, serviced by Paligap, the UK PowerTap distributor, less than 2 months ago. It's laced to an Ambrosia Excellight S.S.C rim, which are lightweight but apparently bombproof (MtB uses these rims when he rides Roubaix). It was trued when it was serviced, and still runs true now. There's a matching front wheel with Powertap branded hub and the same rim. Both wheels are in excellent conditions. And they were built by MtB's dad.

I'll include the cassette, which is a 105 11-25 (I think, TBC), which has done probably less than 1000-1500 miles.

I've also got Raltech 'lightweight' wheel covers which were £160 brand new - these give most of the benefits of a disc but mean you can use the same wheel for racing and training. These covers are built specifically for the wheel, but also to fit the bike. They have a slightly narrow profile on the NDS to take into account the pokey out bit (technical term) where the Bontrager duotrap fits, but _should_ fit most other TT frames (I obviously can't guarantee this though). They're less than 6 weeks old, so have probably done less than 500 miles.

You can see the rear wheel here:

I'll also throw in a couple of part worn (but plenty of life left in them) Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX clincher tires (CX doesn't mean Cyclocross in this case). These are black with a central white stripe. *Very* quick race tires, and lovely to ride.

So, for those without power, this would give you a wheelset for training with power and a great race rear to ideally pair with a fast front for racing with power too.

I think I'd be looking for around £600 for the wheelset, tyres, cassette and wheelcovers. If interested, make me an offer...
IanM

Re: Tentative: Powertap (Shimano) wheelset + Wheelcovers

Postby CCS » 27 Jun 2014 15:00

So what's your new disc then?

Sent using some sort of new fangled technology
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby IanM » 27 Jun 2014 15:02

Haven't got a replacement disc lined up yet - I'd either get wheel covers for the Reynolds 66 rear, or look at a cheap 2nd hand disc. Seems to be a few around for £300+. Preference, for now, would ideally be wheelcovers for the 66 but I doubt I'd get them quickly.
IanM

Postby Ewan » 27 Jun 2014 15:39

I suggest an H3 rear :-)
Ewan

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby IanM » 27 Jun 2014 15:41

Nice try ;)
IanM

Postby IanM » 31 Jul 2014 10:44

Bump - dropping the price in case anyone is interested due to the slight damage to one side of the covers (a small hole a few mm in diameter, and a small split, a few mm in length, both near the rim, and both currently covered with tape).

£500 ono including the covers...
IanM

Postby IanM » 29 Oct 2014 16:06

Final bump and price drop on this before it probably gets advertised elsewhere.

£450 ovno, including covers & tyres but not including the matching front wheel. Wheel was trued a couple of weeks ago by BTown. That's, IMO, a bargain price for a power meter and rear race wheel + tyre, ready for quality training + fast racing.
IanM

Re: Powertap (Shimano) wheel + Wheelcovers + race tyres

Postby Kevy427 » 29 Oct 2014 18:39

Surely CCS must be getting twitchy fingers by now?
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby IanM » 29 Oct 2014 18:46

Still waiting for the kidney to sell I think ;) She's already got a disc though, so probably wants some other PM.
IanM

Postby CCS » 02 Nov 2014 13:06

Hmmm... thought occurred to me while out swimming on the bike just now.... would you consider selling just the wheel/powertap? Or would it be sacrilege to use this on my winter bike?
(Worn brake surface thread got me thinking)
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Next

Return to Sales