Brigg Triathlon 29/09/13

Use this to post your race reports, posts must contain references to your obligatory mid pee fart...

Re: Brigg Triathlon 29/09/13

Postby jonathon.e » 01 Oct 2013 13:51

Sir Jibbenstein wrote:Great racing Jon. How does your result stack up racing on feel compared to past results? Did you survive the astroturf unscathed? I remember horrible sores after Winchester tri many years ago.

35th is a great placing, and a great way to end your season!

Cheers,
Without knowing how long my swim took, may have cost me a few seconds, if I knew I was slower than previous years, I may have tried to go quicker and blow up too soon, come out faster, and you wonder if the fatigue will hit.
Slightly slower than previous years, not by much, but I haven't trained for speed yet, legs on the run took a while for them to stop being Bambiesque, so went faster on the run, but without chasing the clock, slower, but not much.

AstroTurf is fine, I just used someone's towel to brush the sand off, :lol: :lol: ,no, I couldn't bring myself to even use someone else's towel for that.

Always wave at the man with the camera.
Attachments
image.jpg
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Lead Balloon » 01 Oct 2013 17:34

Good effort on the race Jon, sounds like you stormed the bike. I definitely agree with you about flat courses not necessarily being easy; I don't like sticking to one position on the bike. Problably why I haven't attempted any TTs :lol:

Brilliant end to the season :D
Cuffing it, one Cluster at a time!
Haven't ridden my bike since June 2014, bugger
Lead Balloon

Postby King Sad » 01 Oct 2013 21:37

So Jon were you adopting a Hindu hand gesture possibly Lord Shiva, the Destroyer? http://www.artoflegendindia.com/images/ ... anesha.jpg
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 01 Oct 2013 22:19

jonathon.e wrote:Cheers,
Without knowing how long my swim took, may have cost me a few seconds, if I knew I was slower than previous years, I may have tried to go quicker and blow up too soon, come out faster, and you wonder if the fatigue will hit.
Slightly slower than previous years, not by much, but I haven't trained for speed yet, legs on the run took a while for them to stop being Bambiesque, so went faster on the run, but without chasing the clock, slower, but not much.

Good result then. We can become so accustomed to gadgets and pace/timings that it can be very difficult when it doesn't work (in my experience anyway). It is surprising how closely/better we can perform when we have to judge on feel alone. Sounds like you did well if you were only slightly slower than previously, but without speed training.
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Previous

Return to Race Reports