Alpe D'Huez Long Distance Tri

Use this to post your race reports, posts must contain references to your obligatory mid pee fart...

Re: Alpe D'Huez Long Distance Tri

Postby Latinobeat » 12 Aug 2013 11:35

Great effort Si and a brave decision to stop when you did. I've been looks forward to reading this since you mentioned you were doing it a while back and it dint disappoint, a great read.

Hmmmm, 2015? Very very tempted! This for me is the one I want to do and a year of training to see if I have it in me to drop some weight and improve the climbing before committing would be sensible. Would it be cheeky to ask how much it cost all in, we are thinking of tying it into a family holiday.
I'd go with the alloys and lose a few pounds!
Latinobeat
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Re: Alpe D'Huez Long Distance Tri

Postby gingertri » 15 Aug 2013 22:13

Latinobeat wrote:Great effort Si and a brave decision to stop when you did. I've been looks forward to reading this since you mentioned you were doing it a while back and it dint disappoint, a great read.

Hmmmm, 2015? Very very tempted! This for me is the one I want to do and a year of training to see if I have it in me to drop some weight and improve the climbing before committing would be sensible. Would it be cheeky to ask how much it cost all in, we are thinking of tying it into a family holiday.

Eurostar £100, 2 tanks of petrol each way (860 miles)
Hotel: £360 ish per person (staying at the bel aurore)
Can't remember entrance! Am afraid around £100 maybe?

You may find a cheaper hotel I dont know though as its a ski resort!
gingertri

Blog: View Blog (3)

Previous

Return to Race Reports