Swashbucklaaaaaaaar

Use this to post your race reports, posts must contain references to your obligatory mid pee fart...

Re: Swashbucklaaaaaaaar

Postby Tritans » 23 May 2011 17:49

Upside down but you get the gist. Anything for a medal eh gary :D

Well done ian, i ll see you at the vit matey, where i fully intend to race properly ie Destroy myself on the bike and walk the run.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby CCS » 23 May 2011 17:51

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!!

What a cool medal!
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby IanM » 23 May 2011 17:53

Bopomofo wrote:Superb efforts Ian and Ade. Really hope there's no damage there, Ian, but it sounds like you managed it very well.

No lasting damage I think - will see what the physio says tomorrow, but it doesn't feel any more inflamed than it was before. So once my legs stop feeling like a 90yr olds, it'll be time to get some serious run training done.

I only offered to goose you to spur you on at the finish, you know. At least I gave you a choice. Miskin just assumes 'no' means 'yes' and gropes away, you know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was the gleam in your eye as you said it that worried me! Clearly well practiced, and it worked a treat :shock: :lol:

Sounds to me like you need to have a look at Dr. Jibby's AD remedies as he appears to have cured himself by changing his diet to haribo on white bread, or something...

Haribo on whitebread - sounds like a plan! I've always had pre-race AD, but never during, so I need to ensure that doesn't happen again!
IanM

Postby IanM » 23 May 2011 17:55

ris wrote:as much as i loved reading ade's and bop's, that is the finest race report i have ever read.

did your aunt serve you a massive vindaloo the night before? :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Saturday was a bit rushed so was mostly eating on the go - porridge, pumpkin seeds & blueberries for breakfast Sat AM, chorizo & chicken wrap from Tescos for lunch, and pasta & meatballs with a salad for evening meal, with a banana and bag of carrots during the day for snacks. Then Sunday 2.30am breakfast was the same porridge as Saturday

Reading back on that there's probably too much fruit and veg, which would probably explain a lot... Lesson learned, and that was always the point of doing Swashbuckler!
IanM

Postby IanM » 23 May 2011 17:55

CCS wrote:I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!!

What a cool medal!

Oh yes - it's the best medal I've ever got!
IanM

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 23 May 2011 17:58

Top report Ian, sounds like you had tough race, well done for making it around.

Bopomofo wrote:Sounds to me like you need to have a look at Dr. Jibby's AD remedies as he appears to have cured himself by changing his diet to haribo on white bread, or something...

I shall be releasing my new fad diet book soon "Curing Runners Trots: The Dr Jibbenstein Diet", the simple gist of it is, Haribo on white toast for breakfast (I like the foam egg haribos for this), a Krispy Kreme with your morning coffee, bag of crisps and an all day breakfast sandwich for lunch, some Haribo for snacks in the afternoon, I quite like a Burger king for dinner too (hold the lettuce, tomato and gerkin though). :lol: Only problem I'm trying to iron out is it is a little too effective, you may end up racing 10kg heavier :roll:
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Tritans » 23 May 2011 18:02

CCS wrote:I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!!

What a cool medal!

Oh great, best i prepare to get chicked on the bike next year as well.

I hate to think what sort of time you ll post for that.

Jibbs yep lesson learnt, wont make that mistake again, until the next time i grossly overestimate my ability :lol:
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby IanM » 23 May 2011 18:04

Tritans wrote:Well done ian, i ll see you at the vit matey, where i fully intend to race properly ie Destroy myself on the bike and walk the run.

Thanks - and the same to you, great time especially considering you did it at IM pace!

The Vit's definitely become my A race now - enough time to get my running sorted out (touch wood) and really go for it. I *will* go a chunk under 6hrs at a middle distance race this year. It definitely feels like this is the distance for me - I've done 2 OD's but not really liked either, but overall yesterday was great and I can feel I've got a lot more to achieve.

jibby26 wrote:I shall be releasing my new fad diet book soon "Curing Runners Trots: The Dr Jibbenstein Diet", the simple gist of it is, Haribo on white toast for breakfast (I like the foam egg haribos for this), a Krispy Kreme with your morning coffee, bag of crisps and an all day breakfast sandwich for lunch, some Haribo for snacks in the afternoon, I quite like a Burger king for dinner too (hold the lettuce, tomato and gerkin though). :lol: Only problem I'm trying to iron out is it is a little too effective, you may end up racing 10kg heavier :roll:

Where do I sign up for a pre-release? :D
IanM

Postby AndyM » 23 May 2011 18:12

Superb reports and results chaps! Well done to you all. :D
This has really whetted my appetite for Buckler's Revenge.
AndyM
Starting to spend time on the forum....

Postby Jack Hughes » 23 May 2011 18:30

Well done all.

Sounded awful.

I really fancy a go now.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

PreviousNext

Return to Race Reports