Sieraków Triathlon Middle Distance

Use this to post your race reports, posts must contain references to your obligatory mid pee fart...

Re: Sieraków Triathlon Middle Distance

Postby IanM » 06 Jun 2014 11:38

Sensible start time.
Fast course.
Potentially lots of club mates racing or supporting.

It's got a lot going for it.

Trouble is I'm only really able to fit in around 5-6hrs a week training at the moment, and focus is on the bike so I don't really want to do too much that would be to the detriment of that. But a handful of OW swims, and maybe an hour a week of running alongside my bike fitness could be enough to at least get me around...

I'd probably need a new wetsuit though, as my 5yr old Orca S2 probably has more holes than Swiss cheese. And, shock horror, it's probably a size or so too big for me now.

Hmmm.

One thing against it is that I was hoping to return to Concrete Mountain the following Saturday... which could well be an opportunity to improve my 25PB, so I'd prefer to do that fresh.
IanM

Postby Mrs Jellybaby » 06 Jun 2014 11:40

Such an amazing effort Ben. Reading this makes me realise even more how hard you worked for it on the day and how deeply you dug to get that medal for Ewan. Awesome! We even got some thumbs ups and high 5s from you so you must have been enjoying it just a little bit!!!!
Everyone who raced deserves to be very proud of their efforts. (I'm a teeny bit jealous I didn't train and do it.... next year for sure!)
First ever triathlon ... DONE!
Now on to "operation beat JB in a race".
Mrs Jellybaby

Postby Mrs Jellybaby » 06 Jun 2014 11:50

Interpol were stood too after a small issue... I'll let someone else fill in the blanks.

Hmmmmmm I'm suspecting that person should be me...... so a 'slight' BCTTT cluster may have involved me running the 10k from the race (when the guys were swim practising) to where we were staying.... only after half an hour of running I 'may' have taken a wrong turn and run at least an hour in the wrong direction into the deepest darkest depths of the Polish pine forest. Knowing I was utterly lost and then the start of a thunderstorm meant I eventually turned round, and 4 hours after I left everyone, Artur and JB found me about 5 mins from where we were staying. Needless to say my legs were hurting a lot by then!!

A HUGE thank you for the guys who set out to find me and I'm really sorry to have worried everyone!! I learnt many valuable lessons - take a phone out running with you, question yourself when veering off tarmac onto a sandy road into woods, and pay attention to where people tell you to go! Thanks again for attempting to find me and sorry to JB for giving him a minor heart attack.

At least I stuck to the club ethos....

(On the plus side, it was the longest run I've ever done in my life as I reckon I covered about 16 miles!)
First ever triathlon ... DONE!
Now on to "operation beat JB in a race".
Mrs Jellybaby

Postby Jellybaby » 06 Jun 2014 12:14

Mrs Jellybaby wrote:(On the plus side, it was the longest run I've ever done in my life as I reckon I covered about 16 miles!)

We've just mapped it. Looks to be between 18 and 20 miles. Twat
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Tarka the Nutter » 06 Jun 2014 13:06

Maybe you should get training for a marathon, Laura. I thought you'd probably have run about that far.
Global Domination award winner 2012
(basically because I've lost the plot!)
Tarka the Nutter

Postby Jack Hughes » 06 Jun 2014 13:37

Jellybaby wrote:
Mrs Jellybaby wrote:(On the plus side, it was the longest run I've ever done in my life as I reckon I covered about 16 miles!)

We've just mapped it. Looks to be between 18 and 20 miles. Twat

:lol:

Brilliant.

A kind of runner's Blair Witch project.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby jonathon.e » 06 Jun 2014 16:38

CCS wrote:
IanM wrote:And I've got to say, I'm also tempted by Sundowner. Wondering just how much minimal swim and run training I could do to get me
around.

OMG - this is definitely setting a dangerous precedent - I was having similar thoughts... having vowed never to do a middle distance again. Luckily, I think it's my youngest's birthday party that day / I am washing my hair.... or something along those lines....

Come on Clare, plenty of things and places for your daughter to have a party at, Xscape at Glasshoughton, York, drop them off, and pick them up later, as for washing your hair, you can join me and Jack, showing the youngsters how to do it properly.
Nice flat course, very fast bike split, go on :D
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby Jack Hughes » 06 Jun 2014 20:09

Need to get will to make the trip down from the Granite city. East Coast Mainline to York. A very pretty journey.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby King Sad » 07 Jun 2014 07:34

Very honest, well done :D and what a great experience!

I must admit with a group of you in a foreign land I would have expected a catalogue of clusters and the relative lack thereof is very disappointing :lol: All I can think of is well done Artur for his organisation :D

I'm just blown away by the prices £45 race entry with all those goodies - post race beer, burger and ice cream included???, £10 a night in those chalets - blimey :o

Can I ask how the 'foreign contingent' were treated? Looking at the start list it seems you were the only Brits.

Very pleased for you, you had pre-race doubts but completed in good order and had a great time. Well done :D
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby gingertri » 09 Jun 2014 16:55

I must admit I was a nay sayer - I said if you paced the bike properly then youd finish! The fact the all that training in the last 2 weeks....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
gingertri

Blog: View Blog (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Race Reports