Lincoln Sprint

Use this to post your race reports, posts must contain references to your obligatory mid pee fart...

Re: Lincoln Sprint

Postby King Sad » 28 Apr 2014 14:19

Oh no I got a PB - admittedly by 1s ... but I'm not proud :lol:

The no overtaking took us all by surprise but in the scheme of things 30s or so would have made no/little difference to my results. Next time I will clarify but this chap was certainly not for letting me pass which was a tad frustrating but hey ho.
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Worrying Will » 28 Apr 2014 21:42

Another cracker. Well done
Thinks to much about it all
Worrying Will

Postby SickBoy » 29 Apr 2014 03:40

Good result! Any idea why you cramped? I've never really worked out why it's happened to me the couple of times that it has. As for no overtaking in pool I think I've heard that at a race once before - to do the overtaking at the end. I guess they're worried about head on collisions. Not surprised that the other swimmer didn't yield though!

Envoyé de Montréal

Globally dominating Canada
SickBoy

Postby jonathon.e » 29 Apr 2014 10:05

Spoke to a work colleague who also did the race on Sunday, and asked about the over taking policy in the pool.
He said, that, although the swimmers could overtake down the lane, in order to prevent the head on collision, it would be preferable that the faster swimmer should tap the feet of the slower one, and at the end of the pool stop to allow the faster swimmer though.

This would be fine providing that the slower swimmer was aware, a couple of times he tapped the feet of the one ahead, but they failed to give way.
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby kfjatek » 29 Apr 2014 10:25

In my view that's a marshalling problem - if you only allow overtaking at the pool wall (which I think is exactly what the case should be; too dangerous mid-length, with so many people sharing the pool a head-on is a big possibility), there should be a couple of marshals poolside to identify the "cloggers" and make them stop & wait when they reach the end.

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby King Sad » 29 Apr 2014 20:18

For the next race will find out more of the ins and outs and race accordingly. As for the guy in front he was not letting me pass even though he was clearly and left in no doubt he was slower than me. But hey, in the scheme of things in this case didn't make any dramatic impact.

Re cramping; mea culpa, I tried a different make of running shoe shortly before the race and they did not suit. Being an old git and a bit fragile I was not 100% in the legs dept. What was the tipping factor was that I wheeled sharp left at a turning and I reckon it was that turning, wrenching motion wot did it so silly boy me :( Silly sod, should have known better.
It seemed like a good idea at the time :? .

http://www.KingSad.UK
King Sad
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Tritans » 05 May 2014 16:11

Well done.

Always good to smash your PB :D
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Previous

Return to Race Reports