A flavour of Dave

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: A flavour of Dave

Postby flavadave » 20 Feb 2014 10:46

kfjatek wrote:Sounds like you're back in the game Dave. Fantastic!

Now all you're missing is a target or two... http://www.photographyblogger.net/21-be ... -of-boats/

:ugeek:

Thanks mate... I've just come out in hives looking at that lot!

Yesterday was weekly swim class before work and a run commute home (cheated slightly as should have been 5 mile but cut to 3 as I was knackered).
10k run in to work today, maybe some S&C at the gym lunchtime. Rest day tomorrow. Woohoo!

Anyone see the Brits last night? Me neither thank f##k!
flavadave

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby flavadave » 24 Feb 2014 11:17

Planned a 14 mile run on Saturday, and did a 14 mile ruin on Saturday. Woohoo! Enjoyed it... kinda. Was supposed ot run 5 mile on Sunday, but I'm rejigging my plan and bring it all a day forward so schedule my long runs on Friday before work.

Main reason is that the missus is off on Fridays with the little 'un, so I can get up extra early and take a long run to work (16 miles this week). Added bonus is I'll be less knackered on the weekend. Will see how it goes... The 20 miles and beyond will be interesting. Best laid plans and all that.

Bought Bubba Ho Tep on DVD over the weekend. Premise of the story is that the real Elvis is in a nursing home (switched with a double back in the 70's) along with JFK (who has had his brain removed and his skin coloured black). Then residents of the home start getting killed by a 3,000 yr old mummy. All based on a true story... Can't wait to watch it!
flavadave

Postby flavadave » 28 Feb 2014 11:58

Training still going...

Monday 6miles
Tuesday 5 miles
Wednesday 6 miles

Today 15 miles (before work... feeling surprisingly bright and breezy to be honest!). Should have been 16 miles, but didn't quite work it out properly and arrived at work a mile short. Could have added on I s'pose but thought I'd finish feeling good.

Got five miles planned for tomorrow then rest Sunday. This is going too well... :?
flavadave

Postby flavadave » 03 Mar 2014 12:00

So last week went okay. 32 miles total, 92 miles total for February. 6 miles short of target, but nothing to be too upset about.

The 15 miler before work was a timely reminder to keep my toenails clipped. Ended up with a bloody (literally) painful toe. All important lessons though, as is running with a backpack for the commute. Made the error of taking no water as for it as well. Man I was thirsty! Nothing worng with making in training though right? As long as you learn from them...

This week is now a slight push up with 40 miles total, starting with a 7 miler this morning before work. Beautiful sunny morning too.

Swam in the Olympic pool at the weekend as well. What an amazing place to swim! Just incredible. I think my face was aching from smiling. And only £4.50 too! Taking the little un for swimming lessons there starting next week as well. How cool is that?

Happy Mondays everyone :D
flavadave

Postby Tarka the Nutter » 03 Mar 2014 17:20

Training is the best time to make the mistakes :-)

Good work, Dave. Keep it up.
Global Domination award winner 2012
(basically because I've lost the plot!)
Tarka the Nutter

Postby Jack Hughes » 03 Mar 2014 17:24

Tarka the Nutter wrote:Training is the best time to make the mistakes :-)

Or bicycle maintenance?
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby flavadave » 04 Mar 2014 10:23

Jack Hughes wrote:
Tarka the Nutter wrote:Training is the best time to make the mistakes :-)

Or bicycle maintenance?

Just call me 'Bicycle Repair Man!" :D
flavadave

Previous

Return to Training Logs