Poland conquered, now for the work of Vitruvius..

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Invading Poland...

Postby CCS » 07 May 2014 08:11

Good going with that OD simulation - great times!
Glad that the snack schedule seems to have worked out too.
Which Speedfil do you have? I have the frame mounted one, and love it. Very easy to drink on the go at full TT speed.
Re bike computer display - I have one of those Profile Design thingies that sits off the tri bars (at right angles if you see what I mean... google profile bike mount) - them Garmin is strapped around that so it sits between the tri bars. Fairly easy to see if I actually bothered to look. I do find Garmin on wrist not very helpful, especially on the bike - I have pondered wearing it on the inside of my wrist instead, as it might be easier to see there.
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby kfjatek » 07 May 2014 08:51

Thanks both - not too bad, although the further it gets from Sunday, the less enthusiastic I am about them. :|

CCS wrote:Which Speedfil do you have? I have the frame mounted one, and love it. Very easy to drink on the go at full TT speed.

Yep, the standard frame-mounted one - when the behind-saddle concept fell apart, this became the only option really. Loving it - the only thing was the tube/mouthpiece shaking around on bumps etc., but with the little contraption I've come up with it's all good now.

CCS wrote:Re bike computer display - I have one of those Profile Design thingies that sits off the tri bars (at right angles if you see what I mean... google profile bike mount) - them Garmin is strapped around that so it sits between the tri bars. Fairly easy to see if I actually bothered to look. I do find Garmin on wrist not very helpful, especially on the bike - I have pondered wearing it on the inside of my wrist instead, as it might be easier to see there.

Garmin on inside of wrist was an option too, but knowing me I would forget to turn it around after the swim, and then fiddling with it on the bike at speed cruising doesn't feel right - or safe, tbh. So bought myself an extra one.

Is it this one you're talking about? http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pro ... tAodWHYAqw

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Tarka the Nutter » 07 May 2014 09:04

[quote="kfjatek"]Thanks both - not too bad, although the further it gets from Sunday, the less enthusiastic I am about them. :|

Thing is, if it had been a proper race, you'd take time off that easily. And that's not including time taken off for transitions. You're clearly in great shape for Poland and peaking at the right time :-) Believe in the training and dedication you have put in.
Global Domination award winner 2012
(basically because I've lost the plot!)
Tarka the Nutter

Postby CCS » 07 May 2014 09:31

Yes - that's the gadget I have

Sent using some sort of new fangled technology
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Bopomofo » 07 May 2014 11:37

Great work, Kfjatek. You and the Nighthawk are living up to the name and are FLYING. :D 8-)

Saw your note re bento box. I have a similar one and like you I'm not so sure about tying it around the cables. I've experimented attached it around the seat post instead, but not sure if it is a bit too much of a stretch to get to in in that position. Maybe too much temptation to look down, too... it may work for you, though.
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby IanM » 07 May 2014 11:42

I've got one of those Profile Design mounts, but am now using a RaceWare one instead which I much prefer. I couldn't always get the PD mount to stay put, and on more than one occasion it came loose and started swinging from the bar, although that might have been down to my aerobars not having a circular profile. The PD mount comes with 2 bar clamp things (for want of a more technical term), but I'm not sure if I've misplaced one of them. My aerobars are 22m, and I know I've got the clamp for that. If that works for you, or if I can find the larger one, I'll chuck it in the post for you if you want it. As standard it doesn't come with the Garmin mount and rubber bands though, but you've probably got them already if you've got a Garmin.
IanM

Postby Jack Hughes » 07 May 2014 11:53

Bopomofo wrote:You and the Nighthawk are living up to the name

What? Moving with erratic, jerky motion, making a short, harsh, buzzy sound. And mostly living off insects and moths, while sleeping through most of the day?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nighthawk
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby kfjatek » 07 May 2014 13:06

Tarka the Nutter wrote:Thing is, if it had been a proper race, you'd take time off that easily. And that's not including time taken off for transitions. You're clearly in great shape for Poland and peaking at the right time Believe in the training and dedication you have put in.

I know, I know. Problem is, you always want more! (well, I do anyway)

Jack Hughes wrote:What? Moving with erratic, jerky motion, making a short, harsh, buzzy sound. And mostly living off insects and moths, while sleeping through most of the day?

LOL. Right now the sounds are more wheezy, snorty, coughy type, but I guess you're in the ballpark.

IanM wrote:The PD mount comes with 2 bar clamp things (for want of a more technical term), but I'm not sure if I've misplaced one of them. My aerobars are 22m, and I know I've got the clamp for that. If that works for you, or if I can find the larger one, I'll chuck it in the post for you if you want it. As standard it doesn't come with the Garmin mount and rubber bands though, but you've probably got them already if you've got a Garmin.

If you'd be so kind as to do that, it would save me a couple of quid. The Node 1.1 is very light, so should hopefully work on my tri-bars.

Bopomofo wrote:Saw your note re bento box. I have a similar one and like you I'm not so sure about tying it around the cables. I've experimented attached it around the seat post instead, but not sure if it is a bit too much of a stretch to get to in in that position. Maybe too much temptation to look down, too... it may work for you, though.

Tried that before too, doesn't do the trick for me. My monstrous thighs rub against it. ;-)

Wetsuits have both arrived today (B70 Reaction & Z3 Aspire). Zone3 have managed to put an ML size suit into an L size box, and there doesn't seem to be an L size suit available anywhere in the world. Makes for an easy choice - which is fair enough, as the Reaction seems to fit pretty well.

2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek

Postby Tarka the Nutter » 07 May 2014 15:31

kfjatek wrote:
Tarka the Nutter wrote:Thing is, if it had been a proper race, you'd take time off that easily. And that's not including time taken off for transitions. You're clearly in great shape for Poland and peaking at the right time Believe in the training and dedication you have put in.

I know, I know. Problem is, you always want more! (well, I do anyway)

Know exactly what you mean!
Global Domination award winner 2012
(basically because I've lost the plot!)
Tarka the Nutter

Postby kfjatek » 11 May 2014 19:32

Week 27: 3 x bike, 3 x run

Consistency vs. Plan score: 6/12 (174/212, 82%)
Plan completion score: 5/10 (162/230, 70%)
Physio consistency score: 0/6 (40/100, 40%)
Weight: TBC (WoW delta: TBC, total delta: TBC), BF: TBC

Enforced rest week due to a nasty cold that overtook my life for a few days after the race simulation session last Sunday. Timing far from ideal, given that it's now that the volume/intensity of session are going up to achieve peak fitness, but there's nothing I could do except stay at home, lie in bed and be patient. First session of the week was on Thursday night (an interval run) - and it got shortened just in case, as did all other training this week.

Finished the week off with a bricked-up sportive in Farnham, which - despite the very windy weather - was very enjoyable.

Next week my first TT is lined up, as well as the first OW swim this year - can't wait!

2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs