Big Show Begins Again

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Big Show Begins Again

Postby Big_Show » 08 Apr 2014 19:50

Another day in towen. A bit less walking (3hrs), a bit less shouting (barely).

Went out for a run when I got back. Got slightly lost in a wood (veered the wrong side of one of Kev's "special" sites) and ended up having to cut back to the main road, so it was only 4.2M @ 8:07/mile instead of the ~5.5M I had planned.

Day 4 of the PILP programme as well. Adapted from the PLP programme to allow for my current ability, this consists of adding extra daily bodyweight exercises on top of your regular training in a progression.

Day 1 saw 1 push-up, 1 inverted-row, 1 lunge/leg & 1x5s plank. Day 2 was two reps of everything (i.e. a 10s plank). Day 4 was therefore 4 reps of each. The programme is supposed to last 60 days...

Sent from the rural east.
Big_Show

Postby Big_Show » 09 Apr 2014 20:40

Bit of a rubbish day. Ate far too much, forgot to do the PILP so I'll pick back up with Day 5 tomorrow.

Started the bodyweight exercise programme at least. Didn't seem like a very tough session, but it's the beginning of a progression I suppose.

Bored with waiting. Going for a run tomorrow. Even tempted to find somewhere for some hill sprints for something to do.

Big_Show

Postby Tritans » 09 Apr 2014 22:03

Did i read day 1 right ?

Good job Scibby is on half term duties.

Penned in the finest quill from The Royal County.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Big_Show » 09 Apr 2014 22:21

Tritans wrote:Did i read day 1 right ?

Good job Scibby is on half term duties.

The 4/4/4 reps bit? You don't necessarily start with the easiest of each progression, but rather at the level you can already do.

With no access to a gym and decidedly sub-par motivation, I'm applying the maxim "the best training programme is the one that you'll actually do."

Big_Show

Postby Tritans » 10 Apr 2014 08:54

1 push up 1 row etc etc

One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby Big_Show » 10 Apr 2014 09:00

That's extra & on top of the regular workouts. Gradually builds up daily to 60 reps on top of your regular training programme.

You can start at 10 reps of each, but I can't currently do that hence starting at 1.

Big_Show

Postby Big_Show » 10 Apr 2014 20:14

Made it out for a nice run across the countryside this morning. Even managed to barely get lost at all this tome as well - still felt like I'm not getting enough bang for my buck though. 6.17M @ 7:54/mile - will go a bit further at the weekend.

Did the belated Day 5 of PILP today. Baby steps.

Big_Show

Postby Big_Show » 11 Apr 2014 20:35

Several hours of walking today by necessity, no time for the bodyweight workout in the end. Day 6 of PILP done though; interesting to think that by the end of this I'll be capable of doing ten times this number of reps.

Will have to catch up with the main bodyweight exercises tomorrow. Can't let myself fall behind with this regardless of anything else going on.

Big_Show

Postby Big_Show » 13 Apr 2014 14:12

Catch-up time:

Short easy run yesterday - 3.3M in 25:37 @ 7:49/mile. Didn't manage to do the bodyweight routine in the end - I'll start anew with it on Monday. And it'll definitely happen this week, honest. Did get Day 7 of PILP done though.

This morning was a slightly longer run - 8.2M in 1:05:42 @ 8:04/mile. Nice sunny day for a run; I've actually found myself starting to enjoy it again over the last couple of days. Which is handy.

Day 8 of PILP done too. Probably start splitting it into two sets this week to keep the exercises in a sensible rep range.

This week I've done 21.8M and my average pace is heading back towards 8:00/mile, which is my usual easy run pace when things are going well. Pleased to see this - next weekend I want to get my long run up to nine or ten miles and put some simple paperwork in during the week as well.

Big_Show

Postby Big_Show » 14 Apr 2014 21:13

Re-did the first day of the bodyweight programme this afternoon - 4/4/4 reps of everything. 5/4/4 on Wednesday, and this time it WILL happen.

Went out for an easy run after tea just for the fun of it - 3.3M in 26:06 @ 8:02/mile. Lovely stuff.

Day 9 of PILP done too. A good day's work.

Big_Show

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs