Fatboy Slim

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Fatboy Slim

Postby Seasider71 » 27 Aug 2013 15:01

Ok, so Ben has asked me to enter a few words about my time so far with my PT & Nutritionist.

As part of my contract with him, I had to sign a confidentiality clause, so I will not be going into detail.

The basics are Initial consultation (2hrs) plus first session (1hr) is £150, all follow up sessions are £40, it is up to the individual and the PT's diary as to how often you book a session, for the first 2 months I have attended approx every 2 weeks, after this point I have gone to 4 week intervals.

So first session - You are taught all about food, what is good what is bad and why - it is a real eye opener, as to what you may think is a healthy diet is actually just as bad for weight gain as a non healthy one. You are taught all about Acid & Alkaline states, food inhibitors and much more. All the usual measurements & photos are taken, height / weight / BF / Hydration / Body measurements and several more.

Due to having 20 years experience my PT is able to determine what is required by eye - Target Weight, which primary areas to train, secondary areas etc... you are then left to revise your notes for 10 mins, and then given a test without your notes to ensure you have taken on board what has been discussed so far.

A diet plan is then formulated and a workout programme is created - No 2 peoples workouts are the same, I know this because I have a relative training at the same time, and although similar portion amounts and workouts are different.

Follow up sessions consist of your Food Diary / Training Plan being scrutinized and adjusted accordingly, followed by a workout.

To Date - 6 weeks in.
Start Weight 15st 8lbs
Current Weight 14st 11lbs
Loss so far 11lbs
Target Weight 14st 6lbs

Measurements I can remember at present are
Waist - 2 inches off
Ass - 1 inch off
Thighs - 2 inches on
Arms - 1 inch on
Chest - 2 inches on

These measurements show that I am currently losing fat and building muscle, rather than just loosing both as a lot of diets do.

It is hard work sticking to the diet plan, as if you want to achieve the full potential you need to follow it to the letter, and it is quite repetitive, and can be more expensive than your regular diet. But as the saying goes put 100% in get 100% out so I see it as only 6 months of my life to achieve the body I have been after for the last 4 years, and a springboard towards AG qualification.
Striving for glory.....and failing magnificently.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Fatboy Slim

Postby flavadave » 27 Aug 2013 16:02

That's an impressive start! Good luck with the rest of it.

It's very tempting to go a similar route... Hmmmm.
flavadave

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Seasider71 » 27 Aug 2013 16:04

At present he is getting a new website up and running, where he will be able to offer remote coaching for those that are unable to visit for a consultation.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Postby Bopomofo » 27 Aug 2013 16:47

Just in terms of type of workout and volume: has he given you a swim/bike/run/other stuff program or is it purely gym based?

How many hours a week are you training to get these VERY impressive results?
I had fun once. It was awful.
Bopomofo

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Jungle_re » 27 Aug 2013 17:07

Nice one gav I look forward to following your progress mate.
26th May 2013 IM 70.3 Austria
Jungle_re
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Postby Jack Hughes » 27 Aug 2013 18:09

Not usually that bothered with pictures of semi naked men. But for you, seasider, I am prepared to make an exception.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Kevy427 » 27 Aug 2013 19:27

Jack Hughes wrote:Not usually that bothered with pictures of semi naked men. But for you, seasider, I am prepared to add another to my collection
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby Seasider71 » 28 Aug 2013 09:40

Bopomofo wrote:Just in terms of type of workout and volume: has he given you a swim/bike/run/other stuff program or is it purely gym based?

How many hours a week are you training to get these VERY impressive results?

There is very little, Tri related stuff within the program, as believe it or not Tri training is not much good for fat loss, the reason being (I think this is about right) that intensive cardio sessions create Cortisol a stress hormone, that inhibits testosterone production which is required for muscle development - Muscle development = increased metabolic rate = Fat loss.

The program requires me to train 6 days a week, 3 sessions are gym based, and 30 mins static bike is required 5 times a week, 1 session is Sprints. You can see the frequency on my Endomondo page.

It is basically
Mon - Gym / Spin (Approx 1hr weight training / 20 mins bike)
Tues - Spin (20 mins bike)
Wed - Gym / Spin
Thurs - Spin
Fri - Gym / Spin
Sat - Rest
Sunday - Sprints
Abdominal Program every 3rd Day

I do not go to a gym, I have free weights (80kg) / Multigym / Pull-up station in my garage, when I can afford it I will swap the multigym and pull-up station for a Power Rack.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150981173744?var=450151375158&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This with the weights (Barbell / Dumbell) is pretty much all you need, providing you have your bike and a turbo trainer.

As for sport specific fitness - It is a bit of an unknown - at the relays my swim time improved by 40 seconds, however I was knackered after 500m, Bike time was hard to compare due to the wind on the day, but on sneaky training rides I have found hill climbing much easier, and when I have done sneaky runs my 5km time was dropping with every session (by sneaky I mean off program).

I took a few photos prior to starting, and I will put them up here when I hit the 8 week point (around 7th Sept), I shall take 8 week photos also so you can see any changes.

Any other questions feel free to ask.
MAY - Enduroman Double
Seasider71

Postby Jack Hughes » 28 Aug 2013 11:56

Seasider71 wrote:This with the weights (Barbell / Dumbell) is pretty much all you need, providing you have your bike and a turbo trainer.

And a garage.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby flavadave » 29 Aug 2013 09:59

Jack Hughes wrote:
Seasider71 wrote:This with the weights (Barbell / Dumbell) is pretty much all you need, providing you have your bike and a turbo trainer.

And a garage.

Good point! Us londoners are a bit lacking in garages, or space in general come to think of it!
flavadave

Next

Return to Training Logs