Treefrog's Daily dose

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Treefrog's Daily dose

Postby treefrog » 08 Jun 2010 23:16

Tuesday 8th June 2010: Local Tri clubs' TT. A hilly windy course and I was tired but up for it!
I got off to a terrible start when my foot slipped out of the pedal but got on with it. Anyway I won by a lucky 9 seconds!
treefrog
Spends enough time on here to alert the BAT/HAT/WAT/GAT

Postby treefrog » 09 Jun 2010 09:22

Wednesday 9th June 2010: Swimming 1kM 29 minutes. I hate swimming but its good to get at it again.
I aim to keep the steady state going three mornings per week and then bring in some intervals to get some much needed speed in the water
treefrog

Postby treefrog » 10 Jun 2010 09:50

Wednesday 9th June 2010: 45 minutes trail running at recovery pace (with a group of work colleagues) then a pizza afterwards. Nothing too strenuous but good fun. I did it all really wrking on getting up on to the forefoot.

Thrsday 10th June 2010: 1kM swimming in 28 minutes. I decided to push it on a little bit over the second half and tried to become a little bit more technical. Very hungry now, no breakfast!!!
treefrog

Postby treefrog » 11 Jun 2010 11:18

Thursday 10th June 2010: 40kM cycle on my fixed wheel Bianchi with a friend who is not a speed freak.
We opted for a hilly route so that I could get a good leg workout both going up and down.
I reccommend a fixed wheel bike to anyone wishing to improve their cycling
treefrog

Postby treefrog » 15 Jun 2010 10:53

Friday 11th June 2010: No training due to various restrictions and requirements.
Saturday 12th June 2010: No training but I did a mega shop in Tesco and then I went and bought a TV for the first time in 4 years! A sooper dooper led lcd plasma surround sound 3d hyper ultra hd with sound and moving pictures
Sunday 13th June 2010: Big brick! 135kM cycle over the usual "mountainous" route followed by a 5.66kM run at above race pace.
I tried the Cervelo S1 on the cycle and it was significantly (10minutes) faster than the Cannondale caad9 despite the conditions being slower. I have the S1 set up in a similar way as I wilol have the race bike set up
Monday 14th June 2010: 40 minutes run at recovery pace and then home for a painful but very useful physio session
Tuesday 15th June 2010: 1kM swim in pool at 30minutes exactly
treefrog

Postby treefrog » 15 Jun 2010 22:26

Tuesday 15th June 2010: Local tri clubs' time trial, this week held on my training course and due to the good weather they were all there including this year's unbeaten guy. I decided to ride it aggressively from the gun, I got off to my usual fumbling start by not clipping in cleanly but once I got in I really got moving, I knew that I was quick as I was going up some of the tight rises in top gear, I have not endured as much intense pain for a long time, I even had the taste of blood in the back of my throat which reminded me of my best rowing days.
Anyway I won by 5 seconds and feel great and terrible. From my reading of past records I think its a PB!
treefrog

Postby treefrog » 18 Jun 2010 11:48

Wednesday 16th June 2010: 1kM swim 30 minutes nothing in the evening due to family commitments
Thursday 17th June 2010: 1kM swim 30 minutes nothing in the evening due to more family commitments
Friday 18th June 2010: 1kM swim 30 minutes ... and then tune in later for an update on tonight's training (if it happens!)
treefrog

Postby treefrog » 22 Jun 2010 12:32

Friday evening (18th June 2010) Saturday 19th June 2010 and Sunday 20th June 2010 were a write off. Due to various reasons (some genuine, others excuses) I did not train.
Monday 21st June 2010: 21kM run and in an effort to make up for non-training weekend I nailed it on both laps of my benchmark undulating course. 94 minutes happy with htis performance and my records tell me that it might even be a PB.
Later that night I took part in mid-Summer's night scull at midnight (to thank the river gods for a good year past and to come)which we have done for several years that was great fun
treefrog

Postby treefrog » 23 Jun 2010 09:47

Tuesday 22nd June 2010: Lots of atmosphere at the local tri clubs' TT last night.
Firstly there was a change of venue die to roadworks, also the weather was good so there was a big field
Most of all it was a top f the table clash I had the opportunity to draw level witht he current leader in the league.
I had beaten him last week, by a mere 5 seconds but was this vctory due him not been at his best or me actually improving?
Last night I started off with my now usual foot fumble, but once I got clicked into the pedal I got down to business. I took the revs up and in two turns of the pedals I was into top gear, I pushed it then got into the zone (its a bit like you are above yourself and you're looking down at yourself working very hard) I loosened my legs and settled into an uncomfortable but sustainable rhythm. I hit the first rise and flew up it in top gear and the rhythm remained unbroken and I overtook two riders, I then got onto the next section, which was downhill or flat and the wind was neutral, I passed out five more and hit the roundabout on the outskirts of a village. I dropped it down a gear or two and hit a rhythm for the undulating road that lay ahead, I was still flying - it was painful but do-able, I passed three more riders. Then came the last turn 2.5 miles of tight little hills. I used the gears well and churned it out on the first big hill, and took it up on the downs and ups that followed. Then came the last hill - the second biggest on the course, I was in agony, I cracked momentarily and went into a too easy gear, as I crested it I wised up and quickly went through the gears and got into the big one. I gunned it on the gentle descent to the line, and finally got relief from the pain and torture. I gasped and dry wretched and I knew that apart from the waver on the last hill I could not have gone any faster on that occasion.
I waited for the results ... with everyone else. I was announced as second - 14 seconds behind the winner ( the league leader) I was angry for losing, I was happy that I pushed myself so hard and vowed never to crack again. Overall I was annoyed about throwing an opportunity away.
Then an hour after I got home I got a phone call I had won they got the timing wrong by (30 seconds) and I had actually won the TT by 16 seconds. I was delighted, the pain was worth it.
Wednesday 23rd June 2010: 1kM swim 30 minutes nothing special but still glowing following last nights' vctory!
treefrog

Postby Ewan » 27 Jun 2010 00:15

Fun sounding TT... how far and how fast?
Ewan

Blog: View Blog (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs