JB's experiment

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: JB's experiment

Postby Lead Balloon » 10 Jul 2013 19:58

Nice to know it's not just me who thinks the roads are shite. I've lost track of how many punctures I've had since moving down. If you scroll down far enough on Strava you'll see I'm about as far as you can get from a mountain goat :lol: Can't say I've found Rocky lane yet, will have to hunt it down on one of my long rides when I get back. I can't remember exactly where Bison Hill on my routes but I know I'm breathing out my arse by the end of it.

Pedley Hill's a good one and White Hill is a short sharp kick in the b@llocks. Fancy some hill hunting at the end of the month then? I'll have had 5weeks on ship so I'll be having butterflies fly through my spokes unscathed :oops:
Cuffing it, one Cluster at a time!
Haven't ridden my bike since June 2014, bugger
Lead Balloon

Postby Jellybaby » 15 Jul 2013 21:49

Well, after a very socially busy week last week, i'm hoping to get back to some semblance of training this week. And I started off with a run!

Plan was to test the ankle. Physio said to stop before getting cognitively fatigued so I don't go over on it. Managed to be pretty sensible, had a couple of short walk breaks (more for my wheezy asthmatic lungs than my pathetic weak ankle) but managed just over 6km in a just under 40 minutes, which i'll take for my first run in months (also beat mrs JB up the hill at the end with clever tactical nous - "wow isn't that sunset amazing" *point behind her, then leg it as she turns to look).

Ankle doesn't hurt much now, but may be a bit achy tomorrow. This should be fine provided I don't get all experimental and find other new hills while out riding...

LB - just give me a bell when you're back and we'll trade hills. You'll find me languishing towards the bottom of most of them on strava.

Jack, what's your definition of a climb then?
2012 plans: tbc

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby
Clearly spends too much time on forum

Postby Tritans » 15 Jul 2013 21:51

Are you still doing the weights ?
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby kfjatek » 15 Jul 2013 22:33

Jellybaby wrote:beat mrs JB up the hill at the end with clever tactical nous - "wow isn't that sunset amazing" *point behind her, then leg it as she turns to look

Cunning! If only this worked in races... :lol:

Glad to see your training is coming together nicely JB.

:ugeek:
2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
21/06 Dambuster Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek
Spends a divorce inducing amount of time on forum

Postby Jellybaby » 15 Jul 2013 22:51

Ade, nah, stopped when I did my ankle and quit the gym because of moving house. There's an excellent gym near here though, which i suspect i'll join when the weather gets a bit worse. Haven't got much in the way of free evening at the moment either. I do miss it though and try and make up for it by chucking heavy bits of tree around in the woods when we do the fitness trail thingy.

Current holder of the Southern Riviera Playboys Best Tan Award (or something like that)
Jellybaby

Postby Jellybaby » 16 Jul 2013 12:18

32km ride, 334m climbed.

Frustrating ride. Legs not as tired as I thought after yesterday, indexed gears before going, everything was fine. First hill fine and then a bit further along the road everything started jumping. Stopped to fix, mostly ok - no smallest gear but that'll be ok. Carried on, jumped some more so decided to cut short and head for home after one more stop. Dropped chain on the way back, put it on and the gears started working again so decided to aim up dunsmore, nope. stuck in mid-cassette. Think it's time for new cables...

Into the woods tonight to throw logs around

Jellybaby

Postby kfjatek » 16 Jul 2013 12:21

Jellybaby wrote:Into the woods tonight to throw logs around

??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZa26_esLBE ??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek

Postby Jellybaby » 16 Jul 2013 13:14

Almost entirely and completely accurate :lol:

Jellybaby

Postby kfjatek » 16 Jul 2013 14:18

Jellybaby wrote:Almost entirely and completely accurate :lol:

I take it your Wednesdays routine is not shopping and buttered scones for tea.

Suspendies and a bra.......???

2015:
26/04 Southampton 10k
30/05 Sieraków Triathlon
29/08 Club Relays
27/09 Hever Triathlon
kfjatek

Postby Jellybaby » 19 Jul 2013 10:16

Wednesday: managed a good run, up to the trail, round that and back. Probably 5km running all in all including the fitness trail, up and down hills (will take phone next time for accuracy). Most enjoyable.

Thursday: Tough ride. I think the sudden uptick in training volume might have taken its toll. Despite the bike having been serviced and lubed I felt sluggish from the off. Found a new hill which I got stopped halfway up (single track lane) to ask where the common was (abuot 500m behind them it turns out with a fecking great sign saying DUNSMORE COMMON. Then going along the ridge felt really hard. got off, back brake stuck on. Fucksticks. Flipped the release and carried on - thought the brakes were a bit close to the wheel anyway.

Night off tonight before riding to the in-laws for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday (sorry qwerty, would definitely prefer a bbq brunch!)

Jellybaby

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs