Chaos has a Greater Sense of Order

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Chaos has a Greater Sense of Order

Postby Jack Hughes » 01 May 2013 18:25

Just catching up on this. All good stuff. Will be
Interesting to see how the cross fit type stuff translates into s/b/r readiness.

Of kevy can have a 910 and an edge 710, then of course you can. As the primary point of the 910 is for recording swimming and going upstairs/downstairs. None of which kevy is capable of.
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Kevy427 » 02 May 2013 07:02

But it does prove useful for analysing my front crawl*

*After getting steamingly drunk in the one of the village Public House's, falling over then crawling home on all fours
Pedalling between cake shops
Kevy427

Postby Lead Balloon » 02 May 2013 10:19

Kevy427 wrote:I remember you entering a competition on Stalkbook a while ago and if my memory serves me correctly, a 910 was up for grabs. Ahem

Now that you mention it I did didn't I. I'd forgotten all about that ;)
Cuffing it, one Cluster at a time!
Haven't ridden my bike since June 2014, bugger
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 08 May 2013 14:10

Finally made it back on Sunday afternoon, too late for the aquathlon but I've got some time to string some training together before the Bedford MD. I've got the Minx in her war paint now. My Sram S60s have been put on and she looks fast :!: And we all know if it looks fast then it's even faster.

Wed 8 May
Walk/Swim/Bike
Dog Walk

1600m Swim 32m28

No car so I'm riding round on the bike. It's the first time I've been able to ride it for a couple of months and I'd forgotten how much I missed it. I had to spend yesterday cleaning it up instead of out riding it because there seems to be a leak in the shed. I finally found out why Minx has been temperamental when it comes to changing gear now, the rear derailleur hanger was bent after I'd fallen off months ago. I suddenly feels like an absolute joy to ride again and almost effortless. I was smashing up to almost 30mph quite happily when I wasn't going into a headwind and it didn't feel like the slog it normally does.

I've got no idea whether that's down to the Insanity sessions or just the placebo effect of putting the bling on my bike but I'll take it :D
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 09 May 2013 19:17

Forgot to add that I went to Body Sculpt with the WAT officer on Tuesday. It was a surprisingly good workout with some great isolation exercises in there.

Tue 7 May
1 hour
897 cal
151/184 bpm

Thu 9 May
2 x Dog Walks
Training Ride
56.16mi
3h45m21
Moving Time 3h39m55
Avg Moving Speed 15.3 mph
Max Speed 37.1 mph
150/176 bpm
Elevation 843m
3276 cal
Avg Power 132 W

First proper ride on the Minx with the SRAM S60s on ready for the Bedford MD. It started out as perfect weather for it but I took a light jacket with me just in case. Good thing I did because within ten minutes of getting out of the door the heavens opened and it felt like I was simultaneously battling a headwind and crosswind the whole way round. Considering it was my first ride in over 2 months I felt pretty strong throughout, only dropping into the small chainring on a couple of occasions. I still need to master gearing on the hills though as just plummets as soon as the gradient climbs. Maybe I've just got weak, spindly legs; the pathetic average power would definitely seem to suggest that.

It'll be interesting to see how I contend with doing a half marathon after that length of ride on the day of the race as I haven't done any brick sessions. In fact I've barely done any tri related training all year :shock: I'm hoping the general phys I did while I was away will translate across come race day. If not it'll be time to take a few MTFU pills and crack on.

Midway round I got flagged over by a guy. I stopped cos I thought he had a problem. Next thing I know I'm being asked if I do road races and when the local TTs are held. From there he's regaling me with stories of his 700mile training weeks on his fixie and how he would make Beryl Burton's wheels for her. All very interesting stuff but it was more the sort of stuff I would've quite happily listened to over a coffee and not while I'm itching to crack on with my training ride :oops: I always seem to bump into these sorts of guys. You know the type, they'll quite happily talk your ear off for hours on end if you let them. Maybe I'm too polite, or you never know I might just have one of those faces :lol:
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 16 May 2013 08:33

Packing for the house move is seriously hampering my ability to do any form of productive training. Its got to the point where the morning dog walk counts as my taper. Im gonna struggle when it comes to Bedford MD if Im brutally honest
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 21 May 2013 22:58

I definitely felt like I left everything out there on the course on Sunday. Massively thrilled with my time which was way beyond my wildest hopes with my current lack of SBR training. After I finished I went for a walk to the duck pond about half a mile away with Dexter and my cheering section. Dear God I just wanted to collapse, curl up into a ball and not move a muscle I was that knackered but persevered for my niece and nephew. Stumped for a massage when I hobbled back to transition and it was Heaven :mrgreen:

Mon 20 May
Dog Walk
3ish miles

Compression gear has been donned and I'm forcing myself to have a couple of days off phys to fully recover. I've got lots to keep me busy with packing up the house anyway so it's not like I can be properly lazy.

Tue 21 May
Dog Walk
5.44mi
1h55

Compressport quad and calf guards are amazing! I've used them before but never fully appreciated just how good they are. My legs feel pretty much fully recovered today so I did a little exploring with Dexter on our morning walk. I'll have to remember these quiet little tracks for when I get my ar$e in gear for running.

The house is virtually completely packed up now. We no longer have a couch or washing machine until we move so the place is looking pretty bare. Roll on Thursday
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 26 May 2013 19:26

If packing up and moving house counts as training then I've been smashing it. Havent managed to do any real training since Bedford eith concentrating on all the minutiae of the new place. I can see I'll get pretty good at DIY very soon. Ive already resurrected what little knowledge I had of hole filling and light fitting. Next job will be painting and then attack the garden before Im back off to work.

Managed a few dog walks taking advantage of the weather to take Dex put three times today. Ideally I'd have loved to get out on the bike for a proper leg stretch but I'm now on the train back to the beloved North for a med course. Optimistically I've taken my running shoes for a few bimbles
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 10 Jun 2013 20:03

Not really had a chance to post much on my training lately, although with all of the house work that's needed doing there hasn't been a whole lot.

Did Grafman on Sunday 2nd June so below are the bike and run legs I recorded on the Garmin.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/325904323 Bike
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/325904288 Run

The run was a solid improvement with hopefully at least another 10minutes to find over the next few months as well. I need to work on my leg strength as I feel like it's massively letting me down on the bike. That'll be something I'll try and work on while I'm away for work over the next couple of months.
Lead Balloon

Postby Lead Balloon » 09 Jul 2013 08:05

Minimal kit onboard the ships I've been on so far this rotation so I've been making the most of the kit I bring with me. Lots of circuits with the TRX and AMRAPs which require next to no kit to do. It's been rough with it being monsoon season which has restricted the amount of phys I could realistically do. Arse :evil:

I finally got round to deferring my entry for Horseman. There's no way I could cuff my way round an ironman with off road marathon with the complete lack of training I've been doing. Wasdale is going to be hard enough with the staccato nature of training at sea as it is
Lead Balloon

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs