Who Ate All The Pies

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Who Ate All The Pies

Postby Tritans » 06 Sep 2012 21:46

@ MD6 good idea I think a club Tritop is possible the worst thing imaginable.

@ Jack yep I will monitor waistline. I know weight isnt the percect criteria but I ve had such huge differences in BF estimations that I dont trust any of them, so weight and waist it is.

@Bigshow thanks, I know you empathise.

@ jon e :D you've earned your stripes, retired and are now rightly kicking back. I dont know about you but I feel that I have a natural fighting weight, which for me is about 100kg. That said I know I will really benefit from making the effort. No excusses this year.

@ moo5 Thanks I will have a look at that, the difficulty I have is, I can lose weight when Im not training hard ie I use training as weight loss. But when Im training hard I struggle because I need to fuel my training. I will have a look.

So far the week is going well. I've dine well today, our golf day, which I organise. Very stressfull and temptation galore. So no beer but a piexe of homemade flapjack, I rexkon I'm ahead by about 5000caloried on this day last year.
One who wants to do something, will find a way.
One who doesn't, will find an excuse.

Confucius
Tritans
Was married, is now single due to amount of time on here

Postby jonathon.e » 06 Sep 2012 22:28

Fighting weight, mmmmm
Many years ago, running was my main sport, swimming and cycling was just something that got in the way before the enjoyable bit, running helped maintain a nice weight, approx 13.5 stones, at that weight I could produce sub six minute miles, sub 40m 10k, sub 3.15 marathon, a 2.35 standard tri, and approx a 5.45 middle distance, sub 14 IM. Since 2007 and knee injuries, stopping my regular running, weight has increased to approx sixteen stones, I can no longer do the straight running races, no more sub six min mile, forget the marathon, but my standard distance is still 2.35, my middle distance is still or was 5.45 or less, and my IM was still sub 14 by compensating a better bike split to a poorer run, yet being heavier. I should make an effort and lose weight to reduce stress on knees, strange how retiring from competitive activities has made no difference, :lol:
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby CCS » 07 Sep 2012 16:18

Pies??
Sorry - it was me...
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby Tritans » 10 Sep 2012 09:17

Not the most auspicious of starts.

106.2kg
1.2kg weekly gain
1.2kg Total gain.

I am confident that this is a water retention issue. My well pubicised pre race hydration, a hot 6 hour race, Nuun and salt sticks and not brilliant re hydration (no alcohol, just not enough water) yesterday.

I've been very good with my diet this week (bar one little slip :roll: , but even then, I didn't eat poorly) trained pretty well and feel better, so I am expecting a big change next week.

Fish Taco's

Fish of your choice. (I've been using a firm white fish like Talipia) Grilled, steamed, baked or my choice BBQ'd
130 calories
Shop bought Salsa
40 calories
Sorta Guacamole, half Advacodo, seeded red chillie, squeeze of lime.
200 calories
Crunchy lettuce (iceburg)
15 calories
Warmed weight watcher wraps x2
106 calories ea

So for a very tasty, very filling, 10 min Dinner 597 calories. You could go, shop bought guacamole for an even quicker meal ( and probably less calories )

Confucius
Tritans

Postby KidStardust » 10 Sep 2012 11:37

tacos sound great.

not sure how big a consumer you are, but try ditching bread if you want a weight loss kick start (i'd also suggest beer, but one step at a time). i gave it up for lent this year and dropped 5lbs, although i am heavy user. a good book to read is this. i think the initial recommendation came from jack, but despite that, it talks a lot of sense.
KidStardust

Postby Jack Hughes » 10 Sep 2012 20:18

KidStardust wrote:tacos sound great.

not sure how big a consumer you are, but try ditching bread if you want a weight loss kick start (i'd also suggest beer, but one step at a time). i gave it up for lent this year and dropped 5lbs, although i am heavy user. a good book to read is this. i think the initial recommendation came from jack, but despite that, it talks a lot of sense.

You're not still sulking because after tweeting "I have a belly full of mackerel", I questioned if you were, in fact, a large fish eating sea bird?
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby KidStardust » 10 Sep 2012 22:41

Jack Hughes wrote:
KidStardust wrote:tacos sound great.

You're not still sulking because after tweeting "I have a belly full of mackerel", I questioned if you were, in fact, a large fish eating sea bird?

So that's what you meant. All is clear.
KidStardust

Postby Tritans » 11 Sep 2012 15:02

Bread, is on the banned list. I allow pitta or tortillas in moderation.

Also on the banned list;
Potato
White Rice
Pasta (apart from today, whilst entertaining, best of bad option)
Peanuts
Crisps
Sausage Rolls.

I'll have a look at Jack's Brothers book.

I have also thought of another excuse for my poor performance (weight loss not Vitruvian) this week. It appears that the Pre Vit, emergency packet of Imodium, did a pretty er, solid job. The effects of which have receeded impressively.

Look out for substantial loss next week.

Confucius
Tritans

Postby md6 » 11 Sep 2012 15:41

[quote="Tritans"]I have also thought of another excuse for my poor performance (weight loss not Vitruvian) this week. It appears that the Pre Vit, emergency packet of Imodium, did a pretty er, solid job. The effects of which have receeded impressively[quote]
:lol: they should put that on the label! :lol:
perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
Super-domestique
Shut Up Legs
md6

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Tritans » 17 Sep 2012 13:14

Starting Weight 105kg
Previous weight 106.2kg
Current weight 104.9kg
Week loss 1.3kg
Total loss 0.1kg

Can't say I'm delighted.

I had a very good eating week last week. Only 2 pints of Stella and one unavoidable creamy pasta for lunch blotted my copybook. No excuses this week, just some frustration for such a low loss. This is proving more difficult than I'd imagined.

On a slightly more positive note my new strength and conditioning has begun to show signs of progress. On a recent bike spin, I improved a couple of hill segments without trying and a couple of sprints with a lot of trying. I'm clinging desperately to the hope that this is affecting my overall weight.

The big highlight is that I have moved in a notch on my watch strap. 8-)

Confucius
Tritans

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs