Moff Goes For The Middle Distance

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Moff Goes For The Middle Distance

Postby Moff » 30 Jul 2012 21:37

After IanM and WBurnish failed to convince me to do the Vit this year (on approx 2 month post injury training), I've decided to do the Full Boar - Wild Boar at Mkt Bosworth next year (or maybe the Vit). I'm conscious the run will require the most work. So my aims are as follows:

- Starting with 4 sessions per week (post-injury build-up) consisting of circuit training, running, swimming (o/w where possible), cycling.

- Over time, building to 6 sessions per week over 4 days, same as above but add 2 more run sessions (early morning, shorter).

- Build run distance by one mile per week, starting last week at one mile, building to half marathon over 13 weeks.

- Full distance brick sessions will start in early spring 2013.

- I will not eat crap. I will keep a log. You can follow me on MyFitnessPal.

- I will start and I will finish.
Bopomofo wrote:They've literally like seen him on telly, all on the news and that and then like come to see me and are all like "Here, you're into triaflon and ting, what about this nob?"
Moff

Re: Moff Goes For The Middle Distance

Postby Moff » 30 Jul 2012 21:41

30/07/12

5.45 pm

7 minutes rowing, warm-up, killing time before...

1 hour circuit training

----

I cycled to work - gym - home as usual and consumed 2200 calories; drank 4 litres of water.
Bopomofo wrote:They've literally like seen him on telly, all on the news and that and then like come to see me and are all like "Here, you're into triaflon and ting, what about this nob?"
Moff

Postby sonofsammo » 31 Jul 2012 07:17

Good man :-D
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby KidStardust » 31 Jul 2012 09:49

looking forward to the training updates. what gets measured gets done, so keep the log going.
KidStardust

Postby Moff » 31 Jul 2012 22:04

KidStardust wrote:looking forward to the training updates. what gets measured gets done, so keep the log going.

That's very true. And for what it's worth:

31/07/12

Rest day.

1700 calories and 3 litres of water consumed.
Moff

Postby Moff » 01 Aug 2012 19:47

01/08/12

6.15 am

3.2 km (2 mile) fartlek run in 18' 55". Playlist featured Modestep, Iron Maiden and The Lonely Island. Had a very welcome 'peptalk' from SoS at the end of the second kilometre too!

6.15 pm

1 km recovery swim at Atherstone LC. No idea of time, felt fairly quick but easy.

----

I cycled to and from the work and the pool as usual, spending approx 20 mins in the saddle at an average of 15 mph.

Today I consumed 2050 calories and 4 litres of water/tea.
Moff

Postby Tarka the Nutter » 02 Aug 2012 12:41

Good stuff Moff :-) Do the Vit next year. It's great.
Global Domination award winner 2012
(basically because I've lost the plot!)
Tarka the Nutter

Postby Moff » 03 Aug 2012 21:06

Thanks :) I may just have to enter (when it opens, obvs)...

02/08/12

Rest day. MIL's birthday meaning cake and chips. All things in moderation...

03/08/12

6.00 pm

1.6 Km open water swim in approx 1 hour at Dosthill Quarry. Moderately paced distance-focussed session. My obligatory cock-up today was forgetting my towel and having to dry myself with a bedsheet I found in the boot of my car but I was not alone in this, however, as the two BRATs I met on the pier had also forgotten their towels. And goggles. On the plus side, remembering to take a second swim cap meant I was very comfortable. I think I'm getting the hang of OW.

----

Todays stats:

2020 calories and 3 litres of water.
Moff

Postby Moff » 04 Aug 2012 19:06

04/08/12

10.00 am

Weight this morning:

80.4 Kg (12st 9lbs). Was 81.5 Kg last week.

11.15 am

Brick session:

Bike - 16.16 Km (approx 10 miles) in 0:38:32

Run - 3.22 Km (approx 2 miles) in 0:18:22

Knee felt a little sore before heading out so this session was spent fully strapped up and compressed. The commuting-rigged hybrid was 'selected' for today's ride, mostly because my 'good' bike is sitting, dismantled, in the garage. Good, enjoyable session, followed immediately by a barbecue - the ultimate triathlon.

----

2300 calories; 4 litres of water, Nuun, coffee.
Moff

Postby Moff » 06 Aug 2012 20:37

05/08/12

Rest day.

1500 calories, no idea of fluids.

06/08/12

5.40 pm

10 minutes indoor rowing (2 km) followed by 5 minutes on a step-trainer warming up/wasting time before...

1 hour circuit training. Which hurt. Lots. I think I underestimated today's instructor - unfit and disorganised but thoroughly vindictive. Great session!

----

2300 calories, 4 litres of water/tea/Nuun.
Moff

Next

Return to Training Logs