Fear and (self-)Loathing in Surrey: CCS' training log

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Fear and (self-)Loathing in Surrey: CCS' training log

Postby Jack Hughes » 15 Sep 2012 18:01

Well done!

Will have to have a look on Strava now!

There's also the ibbo cake quest next weekend!
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 15 Sep 2012 18:01

Great work. Always great when you achieve a season goal, and a gold medal to show for it!
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby CCS » 28 Sep 2012 16:24

Well, I figure it's time to sign off this year's training log... no further objectives for this season.

A few closing thoughts:

I seem to have rather neglected strength work over the last year (or two). This was really brought home on Wed. I had originally planned a scial ride with a friend, with a bit of gossip / catch up on her experience at Galway 70.3 - but it was pissing down with rain, so we downgraded to a gym session with coffee & chat. She is a PT, so even an easy session tends to be tough - but realised it has been about a million years since I last did a press up or similar - and am still aching now. So, from now on, I need to do more of these. Think the best plan is probably to go back to doing a weekly bootcamp session - some strength circuits; plenty of sprints / shuttle runs; and some core work.

Went out on the bike today - social ride. Nice to be out again, and managed some of the local climbs that usually have me in my lowest gear (Staple land and Dunley) with gears to spare. Obviously, my pre-Legs of Steel panic hill training has paid off. Now need to keep that up - which should be quite easy, as my friend Nikki has signed up for Ironman Lanzarote next year, and so will be looking for training buddies to do loads of hill riding with.

Do have a slight feeling of unfinished business from this year - unmet objectives and all that - so have signed up for Reading Half to try and get me an objective to make me go running. I know I vowed never to run that far again, but there is still that unachieved sub 2hr objective nagging at me. Damn - will be signing up for the Vit again before I know it (do have a credit note to use after all).

So, feeling quite cheery at the end of the year. No fear here, and remarkably little self-loathing (though looking back over this log, that seems to be very much up and down...)
Talking to myself and feeling old
CCS

Postby jonathon.e » 29 Sep 2012 15:39

I think that you can quite rightly sit down, put your feet up and give yourself a hearty slap on the back for your seasons achievements, looking at the start of the log, between the lines you wanted a Gold standard in the Legs of Steel, above all else, huge tick in that box, you did that by ticking the boxes else where, TT's, sportives. Windsor was taken out of the equation due to circumstances beyond your control.

Your increase in cycling prowess, would offset any loss in run speed if you were to do a triathlon tomorrow, so next year, the crystal ball predicts great things.

Although you said your season was over, I noticed that you had ordeed the TT handbook,There are still Hill climb competitions going on at the moment, I would love to say that they are business, but rarely will you see the words, cycling, hills, wonderful and climbing in a sentence with my name attached. ;)
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Previous

Return to Training Logs