Willy Waving

Create a new topic for yourself here and keep a record of your training, weight loss, goals etc.

Re: Willy Waving

Postby willy_1977 » 23 Apr 2014 12:54

For those on faceachebook you'll notice - I sacked the gym and plan off in favour of DIY...

so I'll take that as cross training, as it's all I have.

Following a blip last week I've got back on track as can be seen here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

basically to date I've lost: 8.5lbs, and at various points around the body (true waist, chest, upper arm, thigh) have lost: nearly 5".

Back at gym today or at least out for the run training... work's a bitch at the minute though so going to be tough to get time to get out... big challenge, doing something today after a lot of hard work at the weekend I want a break !!!!

In other news - just started reading the chimp paradox...
Venimus, vidimus, bibimus.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby sonofsammo » 23 Apr 2014 19:06

Good man. Down is the way forward :-D
I've done DNF. I've done DNS.
The future is DNE :D

http://www.justgiving.com/getbeatricemobile
sonofsammo

Blog: View Blog (51)

Postby willy_1977 » 28 Apr 2014 10:11

it's going to be tough to get back into it, having had a week off basically I've been far too busy.

Then I wonder if that's an excuse - or the chimp talking.

I'm also wondering if getting fresh fruit and veg delivered weekly would help me eat more fruit n veg on the basis I hate waste - so if it's in the house I'd find a way of eating it...

in fact I wonder a lot lately and get fook all done, so am going to think about what I want to change first, second, and third and schedule them all in so at least I'm achieving something instead of flapping around, it's time to stick the head back on the chicken.
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby willy_1977 » 28 Apr 2014 15:11

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I have kept things relatively similar and expected the same results - madness by any standards.

I signed up today for FitNat; I hope it will teach me portion control among other things.

The last thing I want is to pass this crappy lifestyle on to my kids - so things need to change.

This week has seen a weight loss again of 1lb - sustainable loss - I like that. The second thing I will hit is ensuring the bike is roadworthy - more updates when that is done. :)
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby jonathon.e » 28 Apr 2014 15:18

Progress is always progress, no matter whether it is big or small.
Weight down :D
Sorting a schedule :D
Signing up to FitNat to provide structure :D
Having a great incentive to follow :D

Looking very good. And the bike too :-)
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
jonathon.e

Blog: View Blog (17)

Postby willy_1977 » 01 May 2014 09:37

Cheers GJC external perspective does help a lot sometimes.

Yet to fettle with the bike - it's looking like it'll be a sunday at the earliest and that'll be if I'm lucky - so may go out for walk/run schedule thing

Must admit to not quite knowing what to do when I go to the gym anymore 5x5 works for strength and I am a weakling but... do wonder if my time to supplement fitnat with weight loss is better spent elsewhere... or on a different routine. Had a look around and to be honest it's just confusing - atm I guess it'll be 5x5 as it's better than doing nothing - and I still recommend 5x5 as a program it does what it says on the tin - gives strength gains; but as I say I want faster weight loss, and strength gains can come after that - hmmm maybe a new topic - but I will check out Micks thread first about PT's suggestions but I don't want aesthetics (no issues with people wanting that of course everyone hits up the gym for their own thing) I want something different...
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

Postby Jack Hughes » 02 May 2014 07:18

People rave about Tabata gym work outs and weight loss. Dunno anything about the truth or not of it though.

http://www.healthhabits.ca/2009/01/21/w ... -fat-loss/
Omnia Vanitas

Immortal (for a limited tme).
Jack Hughes

Postby Sir Jibbenstein » 02 May 2014 07:31

willy_1977 wrote:This week has seen a weight loss again of 1lb - sustainable loss - I like that.

Good work Lee. 1lb a week is a good loss. As someone who lost weight much faster than that at one point I can tell you I wish I lost it slower. It leaves with a lot of problems, that leave you still feeling overweight when apparently you're not.

Keep up the good work!

sent through the ether from my Boporola
Sir Jibbenstein

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby scibby » 02 May 2014 10:34

Willy here's a few suggestions
- definitely do weights. At your level of fitness ANY weight training will deliver both strength gains and weight loss. Strength gains equal muscles. Muscles equal increase in metabolic rate... Equals fat loss.
- commit to a workout for four weeks then change it completely. So I think you've prob been doing 5 x 5 for a while now? Change it. This will first of all make sure your muscles are being out under new different stresses (and therefore need to keep adapting). Secondly it's really good motivation: start a new programme, new exercises mean new weights lifted and in those first few weeks you'll see you PRs rising again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
15/06. Windsor Sprint
2-7/07. Les Stables
03/08. Guildford Sportive. 100km
06/09. Sundowner Sprint. Needs BAT approval
28/09. Hever Olympic
12/10. Malta Champs? Needs BAT approval.
scibby

Postby willy_1977 » 06 May 2014 10:18

Re Gym: Got a plan formulated - but not put into practice as yet - just need to possibly MTFU and JFDI now. I'd like to do Chin Ups - for some stupid reason I see them as an exercise to be coveted I think it's because I've never been able to do one... so I've elected to start trying and I've no doubt it'll be fookin hard work but I'm hoping if I use the natural weight now as it goes down I'll be stronger for the smaller size (that's me being hopefully woot!) - I will still be doing compound lifts a lá 5x5 but taking on Scibby's advice I'll shake things up a bit and take for example 12 weeks and split it into separate sections do some full strength some isolation etc. etc. as she has rightly pointed out anything is going to help so if I just have something that changes every few weeks it'll keep my interest piqued.

In other news - 1st day on FitNat and all I'll say is: I was full... full full full - I didn't need the snacks on the plan.

Kel on the other hand doesn't get it - how can we eat full fat all the time and lose weight - I have tried to explain that yes we're using full fat but we're either using less or it's naturally less fat e.g. naturally - whole milk, we had cheese in a recipe yesterday and it stated 100g half fat cheese (see Father Jack's cheesy thread for an explanation of this nasty stuff) so we used half as much normal cheddar I bought extra mature when we normally have mature so the less weight still provided the same taste (hope that makes sense - using less so we can go with a sharper flavour etc.) - don't get me wrong she's being supportive and rolling with it and eating the same as me so I can't ask for much else - that said rather courgette heavy summer eggs recipe last night left us both full but thinking... courgettes are over-rated - my own fault I should have used one of the optional meals.

Started off my first sourdough loaf this morning with the newly formed (1 week old) starter - it's currently on it's first rise,after work I'll be able to knock it back and then leave it to prove and bake just before we go to bed - which means it'll be nicely cooled by the time we get up for breakfast (poached eggs on toast tomorrow
1st 4lbs so far...
willy_1977

PreviousNext

Return to Training Logs